Chapter 1

Tris POV

"Your highness," the guard addresses with a bow, "the King and Queen require your presence in the throne room."

"Thank you," I say.

I exit my room in sweat pants and a white t-shirt and bare feet. Even though I am a royal, I don't want to wear a ballgown 24/7 becuase that is highly uncomfortable. I leave in a rush with my blonde hair trailing behind me.

I head to the thone room where my father and mother stands admiring the paintings around them. A chandellier hands above them sending lights all around. I was just about to step in when I accidently eavesdrop into their conversation.

"Andrew we can't force her to do that," my mother says.

"Natalie we don't have a choice. I want to keep my little girl safe. Caleb's off with Princess Susan and he's not going to be here to look out for her, not like when they were younger," he says in a soft voice.

"It isn't a spontaneous thing, it has to be something she feels for herself not something we can just order her to do," mother says.

"The Eaton Kingdom grows restless and I keep having to listen to threats from Marcus against her. I'm not going to let him get close to her. If she is under the monarch and protection of another kingdom she will be safe," he says.

The Eaton Kingdom... of course... They are our biggest rivals by name not by nature. Apparently generations and generations ago something happened betweeen our two families and it has been competative ever since. King Marcus and Queen Evelyn have a son I think but I have no idea what he looks like or even his name.

I feel like I've been here long enough so I walk into the throne room.

"You wanted to see me?" I ask politely.

"Yes, your mother and I have something to discuss with you," my father says.

"Okay. Is something wrong?" I ask knowing that the answer will be yes.

"Um your mother and I think it is time that we found a suitor for you. We will be throwing a party in a couple of days and we will pick him then," he says.

"But I'm only 16 you do realise and with all due respect I want to fall in love not be forced into it," I say.

"Sweetie we understand but tensions are high between the Eatons and us and we have to make sure that you are safe," Mother says.

"I appreciate your concern, but I will be fine by myself," I say.

"Beatrice this isn't up for discussion, you are going to go through with this and if it happens to be that at the ball you do have love at first sight well congratulations to you," he says.

I nod to him and exit the room. I was walking the corridors when I bumped into my friends, Christina, Shauna, Marlene and Lynn. These guys are my best friends and kind of my ladies in waiting. I never treat them as anything lowe than me so yes they also get the royal treatment.

"Why the long face Tris?" Marlene asks. Tris was a nickname given to me by the girls. They said that I should have a short and punch alternative name to resort to.

"The parentals are making me get married," I say glumly.

"Oh," they all say in unison.

"There is to be a ball later this week so that 'a suitor' may be chosen," I say.

"Why the sudden movement?" Lynn asks.

"Blame the Eatons. Too unsafe for me to be a single pringle," I say.

"I totally have to get a glimpse of the Eaton Prince. Rumour has it he has the most dreamy blue eyes and that it is as deep as the ocean," Marlene says.

"I heard that he has a very fine looking body," Christina says fanning herself.

"Really? Because I was told he was a great kisser," Shauna says with her hands over her heart.

"Aren't you guys dating his friends Uriah, Zeke and Will?" Lynn asks.

"Yes," they all say.

'Okay number 1 why half cheat on them with a fantasy with the prince and 2 they would know what he looks like so how come you guys don't just ask?" I say.

"Well its not cheating if its a fantasy," Christina says.

"And we have asked and they refused to answer that question, bounded by secrecy," Marlene adds.

Lynn and I burst out laughing. We were laughin so hard that we ended up falling on the ground on top of one another. Tears were just pouring out of my eyes because of my laughing fit.

"Come on guys we have to figure out what we are going to wear!" Christina says.

"But it is later this week!" I protest.

"I know but you and Lynn always reject everything that I put out so god knows how long its going to take before I find you two an outfit," Christina says dragging the both of us to my room.

Four's POV

"Prince Four, your friends are awaiting your presence in the ballroom," a servant says.

"What now?" I groan as I make my way to the ballroom.

I see Zeke, Uriah and Will standing there looking pretty proud of themselves. Uh oh... Something must have happened....

"Whats up guys?" I ask entereing the room.

"Dude you will never believe what!" Uriah says jumping up and down.

I stare at them and wait for them to continue.

"Prior's are throwing a ball so that they can find a suitor for the Princess!" Zeke says.

"And this concerns me because?" I ask.

"Well you have 2 options either gate crash their party or get the Princess to fall in love with you," Will says.

"Um explain why I want the Princess to fall in love with me?" I ask.

"Dumbass, you are rival families either you will mend the rift and we can spend some time with our girlfriends or you will be gaining control over their kingdom too," Will says.

"I'm going to go with the gate crashing option because the Princess is probably going to be like every other princess that I have met, selfish, ugly, boss, bratty and spoilt," I say in defense.

I haven't actually met Prior's daughter yet or ever for that matter. I know he has a son that married Princess Susan. She was the chick that I was supposed to meet and 'fall in love with. I'm kinda glad that I didn't. I want to feel a connection not be forced into something.

"Good choice because you so need to get laid," Uriah says.

"How do you plan on doing this?" I ask. I purposely directed the comment at Uriah because he is a freaking mastermind with things like this and I really wanted to get off that topic.

"I'm thinking we sneak out and go in masks because I think it is a themed party anyway," He says proudly.

"Thats it? Honestly I was expecting a little more than that but count me in!" I say.

"Awesome!" Zeke says and gives me a high five.

This was going to be one awesome gate crashing.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

So this is my second attempt of a story my first one was Agent Tris (go check it out!)

Hope you enjoy the story!

Feel free to message me on any ideas that you have!

Read Comment Vote

Keep Smiing <3 <4