kahdeksantoista

"someone wants the guest bed"

MENTIONS OF A PANIC ATTACK

act two
chapter 'kahdeksantoista' eighteen

vasiliki tightened her grip on the phone, her hands now shaking. the night was still early, and the girl couldn't drive in this state.

she rushed out of the car, her legs barely able to hold her. she fumbled a few times, and had to catch herself on a few surrounding walls.

she burst open the door and looked frantically around. no one had noticed her distraught reappearance, everyone seemingly lost in their own world.

she scanned for the drummer, who hadn't moved much from their previous spot. he only noticed her after she shut the door, giving the girl a puzzled look.

"what the fuck?" he questioned, looking over her closed-off posture. what an expression to calm someone down.

"this might seem crazy right now, but i think it's a possibility that," vasiliki stopped, feeling her lungs tighten around themselves. she tried to take a deep breath in, but her body screamed for more oxygen.

"woah, hey, you're ok," he hushed, growing closer to the girl. props for trying, but did she look ok?

he directed the girl to a seat nearby, noticing the struggle in her stance. as she sat down, she tried to focus more on breathing than standing upright, which worked to an extent. tommi noticed her calmer nature, "what's wrong?"

the redhead fixed her arched back, swallowing before she spoke, "i think it's a possibility that kaylah is affiliated with my father."

"and i think you're ov-"

"no, listen to me!" her voice was panicked, rushing her words, "remember the whole 'birthday present'?" she waited for an affirming response, receiving a nod from the boy, "and how it was supposed to take a while to come?"

"why would kaylah know of a middle-aged greek man?" he furrowed his eyebrows, not completely following along.

there were many possibilities to that, some more moral than others.

"he has contacts everywhere," vasiliki dramatised her actions, her arms emphasising the word 'everywhere', "and what's not to say he has eyes everywhere, she being one of them."

tommi tried to take in the information as best he could, but continued to fail and follow behind. "kaylah isn't the best person, but i could never imagine her doing-"

"how long has she been with her boyfriend?" the girl cut him off, determined to get something through his closed-off mind.

"just after the release of violent pop."

vasiliki was already in finland by that time.

"and her acc-" she stopped herself from continuing, her breath hitched in her throat, "i meant to say that she isn't from oulu, is she?"