9

Izuku heard everything. Every little whisper the nurses had between themselves, every phone call the doctors informed his mother of, everything.

He knew what happened, he saved someone.

He got shot with multiple bullets, he wasn't waking up, he was quirkless again, he was quirk-resistant.

And once again, for one of the many times in his life, he felt useless.

Quirkless, useless, freak.

He knew all his ties to the world had to be cut. His friends would probably abandon him, his mother already preparing the worse. Everyone should have already prepared to cut ties to him in case he passed.

He needed them to cut ties so he could finish his job.

His thought process allowed him to easily get up from the bed and walk out the room. He was in a hospital bed near the lower floors because he was a long term resident. He was no longer in the ICU, which was a blessing. Someone monitored that room almost 24/7.

He stayed in the shadows of the hall and made his way around the floor to a storage room.

They should have some clothes there.

He didn't think the quirk-enhanced cameras would be able to spot him because of his condition but he wasn't sure.

He quietly slid open the door and began his search for a shirt and shorts. Or any clothes, he won't be picky.

Spotting some on a tall shelf, he jumped up to grab and yank them down. Excess clothing fell onto his matted head. He gently took them off and set them on the shelf next to him. He took the clothes he needed and changed into them before folding and returning the rest. His dirty clothes went in the cleaning lady's bin when he passed her on the way out.

His mother raised a gentleman, not Kacchan.

Without major inconveniences, he slipped from the hospital and began his way towards where he thought the LOV hideout was.