22

Bakugo was semi-annoyed. The teachers had sent him home after seeing him fall apart multiple times. They deduced that the best course of action was to let him be somewhere he felt safe--with family.

But his family lived in a house that held millions of photos. His family and the Midoriya's were connected, so from the age of newborn to recently, both boys were in a picture together. Every year they took one, even when he was bullying the poor greenette. The greenette would put on a genuine smile and hug the blonde. Ninety percent of the pictures inside the house were of the two kids or family photos with the Midoriya's included.

Katsuki was unable to stay in a steady state of mind surrounded by the pictures. And neither was his family.

For once in a very long time, the Bakugo's house was a silent one.

But this night he had stayed up extremely late watching the news. They were covering the death of All for One and Bakugo had a suspicion Deku was the one who broke into Tartarus. It broke him down and he began crying himself to exhaustion. He ended up passing out for a few hours when the doorbell sounded.

His parents had retired upstairs to go straight to bed after dinner, so Katsuki was the one obligated to answer the door.

But who would come at three in the freaking morning?

He crashed off the sofa, his legs stiff from not being used often. He hobbled over to the door and silently opened it.

No one was there.

He looked around a couple more times before turning his gaze down.

A foot away from Bakugo's feet were a pile of gifts, each making nostalgic memories flow through the teen.

He closed the front door and sat on the porch, picking up each thing.

First was a Limited Edition: All Might United States Smash Keychain. He flipped it over in his hand and saw the number one hero had signed it. Tears began to well in his eyes.

Only twenty six of these were very manufactured, and this was the only one signed by the hero himself.

He then picked up a plush, confused, he flipped it over just in time for a sob to escape his lips.

It was his gauntlet. A handmade gauntlet plush. He had his own hero merchandise. His first ever hero merchandise. He examined it, seeing all the seams done perfectly and all the small details added. The green reminded him of Izuku.

His gaze slid across the blush, looking for a marketing signature. Usually there were brand names in fine print along the sides.

He saw it on the side: IM-Deku

He finally broke down and held the plush to his chest.

Izuku Midoriya/Deku.

His childhood friend had hand made it. He clutched it to his chest and began rocking back and forth.

After quite a few minutes of calming down he reached for the third and final object--a notebook.

Not just any notebook; Notebook Thirteen.

It has some black ash from the explosion remains and the book was slightly wavy from what Bakugo assumed was the koi-fish pond.

He slowly reached for it, hands shaking and opened it to the first page.

He began reading--only getting half a page in before breaking down again.

He couldn't. He just couldn't.

He slowly got up, on trembling knees and raced into the street, arms full. He needed to find Deku. He had to be around here somewhere.

He just rang the doorbell, of course he was close.

Katsuki searched for the teen until sunrise, his hope fading away more so every hour until he walked home, shoulders slumped and breath ragged.

He fell asleep on the porch. He was too tired to go back inside so he cuddled the plush and curled around all the gifts Izuku gave him.

It hurt like fire. But he was going to protect everything with his whole heart.