Chapter 9

Damon pov back in mystic Falls.

"Oh my god Damon thank god you answered, I need, I need you to come with Stefan to New Orleans tomorrow late tomorrow. It's Elena. I don't know what to do. She is just so upset and I want to help her but I don't know what to do" Rebekah is frantic. The fear and sadness of distress in her voice worries me. "Rebekah keep her safe, Stefan and I will be there tomorrow just like you asked" I rush out saying to find Stefan on the couch with the bottle of bourbon. I hang up on Rebekah and send a smile towards Stefan. "Tomorrow we're taking a little trip to New Orleans, time to get our girl back brother" I wickedly say feeling relieved that Elena will be mine once again. Except this time she won't be able to leave Stefan's and I's reach.

3rd person pov

Rebekah stood with Klaus and Elijah with an evil smile on her face. The plan had worked and the Salvatore's would be on their way to collect Elena. Except they have no idea what they're instock for! As the three siblings conduct the rest of the plan Kol lays asleep with his love in his arms peacefully sound asleep. No one knows how precious Elena is until something goes wrong? Except what are Mikaelson's plans beyond Stefan and Damon?

Elena pov

Waking up this morning felt different. I'm being held in Kol's arms while he is still asleep. The sun peers through my window making the sunlight reflect on Kol's bareback. I slip his arm off me and try to move out of his reach. I tip toe into my bathroom and stand in front of the mirror. I will no longer feel guilty of the things I feel. I take off my shirt and turn on the shower. I try to be as quiet as I can in the bathroom so Kol can sleep.

With a towel wrapped around my body I clutch on it while gathering clothes. Kol still lays there asleep as I get dressed. I feel his embrace behind me as I fix my hair and makeup. "Good morning Juliet," Kol says, giving me a quick kiss. I let him wrap his arms around my waist as I try to get ready. "Would you like to see the City today?" I've wanted to see the City since I got here. Why does he even have to ask. "I've been dying to see it," I say, leaving his grip and walking back into my room and out of it.

The smell of food hits my nose as soon as I reach the bottom of the steps. On the table is a range of food just like the other day. Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah are already eating so I take a seat next to Rebekah. Kol comes down stairs and sits next to Elijah. "Two guest well hostages will be joining us later, it's not going to be pleasant for them but pleasant for us" Klaus doesn't even have to say the names of the two guests for me to know who they are. Stefan and Damon. I let the wild grin spread across my face feeling good to know they will get what they deserve. "Kol and I are going to explore the city today but please do inform us when they arrive, I'm delighted to watch them suffer" the tone of my voice is not sweet or soft. It's cruel and harsh. I glance over to Rebekah who smiles with me and I dig into my food. I pause for a moment after eating a full croissant thinking. "Death isn't the answer, I want them to leave Mystic Falls behind so Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, Matt and Tyle,r so they can have a life without the drama of the Salvatore boys. I also want Stefan and Damon to forget about me but before they do I want them to feel every burn and break in their body" I announce not feeling any guilt about my decision. "Then that is what they get, don't worry love I'll make sure that you get part of the damage towards them" I smile back at Klaus and continue to eat. The old Elena is gone!

Once breakfast was finished Kol and I left the manor to see the City. I had been brought to historical spots, restaurants, cafe's, art galleries, and many more places. This place will be the perfect place for my 18th birthday. Kol pulled me into the crowd of people in the street dancing around to music. "I like this you, you're smiling" he compliments as I make the smile brighter for him. "Is it always like this, festivals?" I yell loudly not being able to hear my own voice. "Sometimes they're random but some are for events we celebrate or look back on" he clarifies. Kol twirls me around and around until I can twirl no more. When the crowd calms down we leave the music and go to our two final stops.

Purple crystal lights on all corners of the door as we walk into what looks like a witch shop. I notice the intricate symbols on the walls and the herbs in jars. Books on shelves and essential oils as well as candles cloud the room. New Orleans was a home to witches as Bonnie had once told me but this place however didn't seem to fit the picture I was thinking a year ago. In movies witch shops look gothical being dark and gloomy. This little shop however is calming and a little hippie. "I had heard you were back in town, it's good to see you my favourite Mikealson," A medium height woman with short black curly hair in her late 60s talks. "Oh Miss Selene you know I am someone full of surprises, you being my favourite witch I want you to meet Elena" Kol greets me to Miss Selene. Selene takes my hand as well as Kol's and looks at both of us. "You're a very beautiful Elena. In fact I see why Kol picked you. A little mystery and adventure with a kind hearted soul" I smile at the older lady's compliment at glance at Kol. "Kol could I speak to you a moment if that is alright with Miss Elena?" I nod in return to Selene and watch as Selena takes Kol out the back of her shop as I look around the store.