Chapter 17

I underestimated Elena's sleeping. For the full 11 hours Elena slept. Klaus had gotten a spell placed on Elena as we got onto the plane by Miss Selene so that no one could find her. It is 2:00 in the afternoon in the City of Paris. Elena is 18 today and she gets to wake up in her dream country. The sun is shining over the Eiffel tower with not a single cloud in the sky. The home we're staying in is one of Klaus's. I place Elena down on a queen size bed in her room she will be staying in. She has been asleep for quite some time now which makes me wonder if the spell had side effects. I close Elena's door behind me and join my siblings in the main room.

"Sleeping beauty is still asleep" I inform as I stand looking at the window. A sudden noise comes from Elena's room. "Where the fuck am I?" a loud scream. "Sounds like Elena is awake," Klaus laughs.

Elena pov

I'm in a new bed, new clothes, oh and in a whole new room that I do not recognize. Did Damon and Stefan somehow undo the compulsion and kidnap me? Where is Kol? I back up against the bed frame as the brown polished door opens. I tense up but only to relax as my favourite face enters the room. "Afternoon Juliet". I crawl off the bed and wrap myself in Kol's embrace. He leads me towards the window and slides the curtains open. "OMFG WE ARE IN PARIS!" We are in France. My dream country. "Happy birthday Elena" oh my god it is my birthday. "As much as I want you all to myself on your birthday that can't happen. We have a city to explore" I take Kol's hand at his comment and follow him out to the house we must be staying in. Gathered by the look of the house I'm guessing Klaus owns it. Before I can even thank any of the siblings Rebekah has her arms around me with a huge smile. "Happy Birthday sister" she shouts as if I was two blocks away. "Indeed happy 18th" Elijah adds. This would make sense why Klaus asked for my favourite country a few days ago. "Don't get too excited as after Paris we are going to London for myself, Italy for Elijah followed by Rome for Kol and final spot being New York for Rebekah but France for you Elena" Klaus lays out. So I'm going to be travelling with The Mikaelson's around the world. "Thank you, nobody has ever done something this special for me" I acknowledge. "No lady should be kept away and not see the world" I nod in return to Elijah and tuck myself under Kol's arm. "We will be staying in France for four weeks, London for three as well as Italy, Rome and New York" As Klaus explained the living plans I did the maths in my head. We are going to be travelling for 3 months! "Enough with the planning Nik, Elena looks bored and I want to go shopping" Rebekah is going to want to shop in every country we go to. With enough being said I started my trip in Paris.

Dear Travel diary

On the First night in Paris we went to a fancy restaurant and every day had a fine dining breakfast. Klaus specially took me to exquisite museums as well as painting houses. I found myself growing to like Klaus's company more and more I spend time with him. He really has a soft side. Elijah enjoyed taking me to fancy music conventions and the smaller but nice places in Paris. With Elijah there is no rush in the world, everything is at your own pace. Rebekah was a go go person. From shopping to any place she could get her hands on. Rebekah and I have grown a bond stronger than I expected. We're sisters thick and thin. Kol took me to all the romantic places but the best was enjoying a clear night sky at the Eiffel tower with Dinner being served. I'm the luckiest person alive. I have eaten so much food of all kinds of pastries and dinners. Paris is a posh country but holds so much history. It really is a dream come true. Kol has spent many nights showing me how much he loves me. Four weeks in France was simply devine an experience not to be forgotten. We had arrived in London after our final day in Paris which made Klaus extremely chatty. London is different to Paris but has some similarities. During the first few days we took bus tours around London. The food here in London is a little different as well as the people. Klaus has friends in London so lunches and dinners. I have taken heaps of pictures already but there is so much more for me to see. I have found myself sick on occasions due to food that didn't sit well with me but I guess that is just part of the travelling experience.

Until the next entry.

Elena