chapter 14

My eyes flickered open as I felt the sun peering down from my window. Wrapped in Kol's arm with only sheets to cover us I find a smile spreading across my face. The three siblings should be home given that it's 10 in the morning. I'm in no rush to leave the bed though. I roll back over to look at Kol and kiss him to wake him up. His eyes open and he kisses me back. "You look well rested," he softly speaks. "Indeed I am, you however look as if a bus has hit you" I lie to get a reaction. Kol rolls on top of me and tickles me but kisses me. "Kol stop, pleasee" I beg in laughter. He stops tickling me, allowing me to snuggle back into his embrace. "So what are our plans for today?" I ask out of curiosity. "Whatever you wish" what do I want to do. A shower is always a good way to start the day. I slip out of Kol's arms and walk over to my bathroom. "You coming" I flirt, turning towards the shower. Before I can finish running the shower I'm laughing again.

The shower took longer than it was supposed to but it was all worth it. Kol chose what I wore today which is a plaid red skirt and a plain white top with my Docs. I let Kol leave my room to go get dressed himself leaving me starving for breakfast. "Nice night Elena?" Rebekah wonders, raising an eyebrow. "It sounded like it by what we heard this morning" my eyes went wide at Klaus's comment making me embarrassed. I pour myself a cup of coffee ignoring the embarrassment I feel and sit on the table to eat. "Elena if you and my brother are going to make that a habit I suggest getting soundproof walls installed" I almost spit out my coffee at Klaus's suggestion knowing he's joking. "I'm sure your siblings have said the same thing to you but more than once" I bite back. Elijah acts as if he isn't listening but I can see his laughter of a smile. "Ah Kol nice for you to join us, I was just saying how-" "How lovely Elena looks" Elijah cuts Klaus off before Klaus can continue to speak. Elijah just saved me a load of embarrassment. "I'm taking Elena out to the nearest beach so we will be gone for most of the day. Oh and the 22nd is Elena's birthday being her 18th" Kol just had to tell them but the beach does sound good. I roll my eyes at Kol and take another bite of the food. "I'm going to get my stuff, excuse me" I politely exit and go up to my room.

I get one of my larger day bags out and put a beach towel that Rebekah had brought me in the bag as well as my phone and a book. Reading on the beach is something I enjoy doing. I search through the five pairs of bikini sets I have and decide on the black and white one. The bikini set is plain black with white spots rockabilly style on them. The bikini ties up around my neck making it easy for me to tie up. I threw my hair in a bun and put on a pair of white sandals with my clothes on top. With my bag in one hand I return back downstairs.

"Before you go Elena, what is a favourite city of yours you're dying to travel to?" I think for a moment wondering why Elijah is asking about countries and where I most want to visit. "France" I answer with a leave the manor to meet Kol in his car.

The beach Kol is taking me to is an hour away. Mississippi beach. I blast Kol's stereo system so loud that I might break it. "Can't go wrong with a bit of old school" I say tilting my head and scrunching my face up looking all cute.

Klaus pov

I have been wanting to travel lately given the fact New Orleans knows we're back in our home. Now that it's Elena's birthday in three days I have enough time to organise flights and houses that I own across certain countries. I know that Elena likes to travel and Rebekah had been pestering me about going elsewhere so I got Elijah to agree on the fact the Mikealson's will be traveling for two months maybe three. I will have to get Kol's witch to spell a field over Elena so she can't be tracked by anyone or any vampire beside us that knows who the doppelganger is. A simple spell of miss reading a person. We will go to France just as Elena wants to visit, Rome being Kol's favourite, England for myself, New York for Rebekah, Italy for Elijah, as well as many other places we may travel to. I have Kol on board by a simple text message so Elena shouldn't find out until her birthday. Us Mikealson's may have been on the run from Mikeal but we have all seen some countries but never as a family. All I hope is that Elena will get over her fear of planes. I'll get Marcel to watch over my home and take care of any business that comes my way and make sure all things are sorted for the trip. Rebekah being Rebekah is already packing her wardrobe and Elena's.

Elena pov

As soon as my feet touched the hot but soft sand of the beach I pulled out my book from my bag and layed out my beach towel. Ko had brought me a beach chair to sit on which I opened my book to the last place I was reading on. "If you're happy reading then I'm going for a swim" I watch Kol walk over to the water shirtless admiring my view. Beautiful day and a good book simply perfect. "We're all mad here" The adventures of Alice in Wonderland the original novel.

I read two chapters and decide to hit the water. The cold water touches the tips of my toes as I look out to sea. Wait, where is Kol? Before a single thought comes to mind I am swung over shoulders and dragged tossed into the water. I go crushing under the water which exhilarates me. I come back to the surface to see a proud grinning Kol. I splash water at him but he splashes more back. He picks me up and throws me back under but I pull him down with me. When our heads come back up from the water I am still held by Kol as I kiss him in the water. Within a quick second I dunk him under and escape from him. His hands tug on me pulling me back by my waist. "Really know how to tease me Juliet" He says pulling me down with him.