Prologue: meeting Ruby (vol 1)

It was night time in Vale city, A group of four people are walking down the street towards a store to buy some items for two of them. Upon arriving the store called 'Dust Till Dawn' they entered into the shop and split up into pairs. One of them saw a girl wearing a red cloak with a hood, she was listening to some music while reading a magazine. He thought that it wouldn't be nice to interrupt up and return to his friend

?: Hey Josh?

The fellow at the counter was busy getting some 'Dust' for his weapons

Josh: (still figuring out which Dust for his weapons) Yes Ashe?

Ashe: who's the girl in the red cloak?

He looks at his friend who pointed to the girl reading the magazine and decided to scare her, Josh sneaks up behind the girl and then

Josh: still a weapons fan?

Girl with red: (jumps) AHH! (Calms down) WHY WOU- (realises who scared her) Josh!

She goes to hug him as he hug her in return.

Josh: it's wonderful to see you, Ruby. (Serious) does Tai know that you're not home yet?

Ruby: well you see.

Josh: Ruby... it's late for you to be in the city. I'm sure that both Yang and Tai are worried sick about you.

Then the door bell chimed indicating that the rest of his friends were finished with their shopping and are waiting for him outside. Josh tells his step sister not to take too long and says goodnight and joins them. A little while later, the four went to a restaurant to have dinner. While they were waiting for their meals, the four are chatting about various of things.

Ashe: question.

Josh: yea?

Ashe: that girl in the shop earlier, who was she?

Josh: who? Ruby? She's my step sister. I sometimes call her 'Cookie Monster'

Girl 1: why?

Josh: because she literally enjoys eating cookies.

Girl 2: does she get that from your mother by any chance?

Josh: no Constance. More likely from her friend. (Has a think) I think she mentioned that her team leader was Summer. (Chuckles a little)

Constance: what's funny?

Josh: my father sometimes called Summer 'cookie monster' too.

Girl 1: so like father like son then?

Josh: always perspective as usual aren't you, Edel?

Girl named Edel: I was just guessing.

Then the waiter arrived with their meals:

Josh's meal

Edel's meal

Edel's meal

Ashe's meal

Ashe's meal

And Constance's meal

(Note I don't own the pictures

(Note I don't own the pictures. Please don't sue)
All: thanks for the food

The four started having their food very nicely after they were finished, Josh paid for the meals and the group head off to Patch until

*window smash*

The group headed over to the source of the noise only to find that Josh's step sister is about to start a fight with some people trying to rob the Dust store that they were in before their dinner.

Josh: (face-palms) I leave Ruby alone for one hour and this happens? (Turns to Ashe and Edel) go and give her a hand.

Ashe/Edel: certainly/ you got it.

They head over to her just in time as a Orange haired man aimed his cane at her, Ashe shots his bow at the cane to miss.

Ashe: Hey!

Orange haired: oh bother.

The two engaged in a shoot out as Edel goes to check on Ruby if she was hurt then Ashe was sent flying into a wall nearby.

Edel: Ashe! (Rushes over to him) are you alright?

Ashe: (Shakes his head while puts his hand on his head) I'll live. Where's that carrot head?

Edel points to a ladder which was being climbed as both Josh and Constance rushed over.

Josh: You did well, Ashe. Take some rest.

Ashe: your the boss, Josh.

Josh: stay with Ashe, Constance. (Turns to Edel) with me, Edel.

As Constance goes to stay with Ashe, Josh and Edel chase after carrot top just in time as a huntress saved Ruby. Then a woman in a red dress appeared as Josh fired one of his gun/swords.

Some time later.
In a police station, the huntress was scolding Ruby, Josh, Edel, Ashe and Constance who tried to argue that she wasn't in combat then a man dressed in a green suit appeared with a plate of cookies. Afterwards, the five head back to Patch to get ready for Beacon academy.

The next chapter: Beacon.

(Note: I don't own opening titles above)