chapter 32: road to trouble (vol 4 final)

-land of darkness, Ramment-
After the battle against both her brother and Pyrrha, Cinder was trying to redeem herself from her failure in stealing the entire fall maiden powers. Salem wasn't happy to hear about the First Order to have Amber under their protection.

-meeting-

Cinder is currently sitting at a table with Mercury behind her, she was waiting with a muscular man with his eyes closed and arms crossed infront of him on her left. Opposite of her was the scorpion faunus who was crouching in his seat. And next to him was the man who managed to hack into Atlesian AK units at Beacon.

Scientist: well how does it feel to fail Salem, Cinder?

Cinder: (growls) shut up, Watts...

Muscular man: at least it wasn't her fault for the first order to made their appearance in Vale, Arthur.

Scorpion faunus: or the Sapphire Fang.

Watts: true. It's like that her father knew what Salem had planned. But the question is how?

Before Cinder could answer, Salem had arrived. Though she was impressed with her mission being a success in bringing Beacon down, Salem wasn't happy about Cinder's failure in gaining full power of the fall maiden. Cinder had explained that her father had the current fall maiden under the protection of the First Order. Salem was angry and summoned some grimm tentacles which restrained Cinder to her chair. She didn't put up a fight as they threw her off her chair. Dr. Watts had informed Salem of the trust failure between the first order and Atlas.

Salem: at least you ensured that the first order and Atlas are rivals. Right, Cinder?

Cinder: (rubs her wrist) um I don't think that was me.

Salem: explain.

Cinder: my father never trusted Ozpin or his lackeys including Ironwood or the Schnee dust company CEO.

Salem has a think and had dismissed the meeting. After the meeting, Mercury had asked her about informing Salem about Emerald's betrayal and was told not to worry about it.

-Anima-

Team JNPR, Ruby,  Weiss, Yang, Ashe, Constance, Edelgard and Team MAPS have set up camp for the night. While Weiss was about to scold Ruby for her reckless plan, Winter had sent a message informing her and the others that Ironwood has closed the boarders between Atlas and Argus. That night, Ruby was having trouble sleeping when she saw Pyrrha training under the moonlight.

Ruby: putting some training in?

Pyrrha: more or less. I'm just figuring out the crossbow that's built within my glove...

Ruby: you don't hate Josh about accidentally burning your hand, do you?

Pyrrha: don't be silly, Ruby. I love him. It's just that I was careless.

The two girls sat down and looked at the stars. Pyrrha asked her what would happen if she had died and was told that her boyfriend would avenge her.

-the next morning-

The group continued their journey and they were joined by Qrow for their destination.

-first order commandship, Kage-marine-

The surpreme commander is currently having a chat with one of their best generals: Esdeath. She had given her an order.

Surpreme commander Leonhart: I want you to go to Mistral. When you get there, recruit teams RWY, JNPR, MAPS and ACE.

Esdeath: what about Blake, Atalante, Emerald and Josh?

Surpreme commander Leonhart: no need to worry. The girls and Josh are already apart of the first order.

Esdeath follows her orders and heads to her own sky-crusier for the destination of Mistral.

-Mistral-

Having arrived at Mistral safely, Ruby writes a letter to her father. While she does so, Sienna Khan is now on a ship enroute to Menagerie while wearing a hooded cloak. Esdeath is currently on the bridge of her ship as it is in trans-warp.

-Menagerie-
Josh had met his fire-bending mentor: Zuko and under his guidance, Josh had managed to master his new found ability. On a occasion, he spared with Zuko's bodyguard: Ty Lee. Atalante had received a message from Sienna telling her that she can't be in Mistral anymore with the rumours of assassination.

The next chapter: Haven Academy.