Chapter 3

The surgery was a success and Lilly will be fine, with alot of physio. I have been sleeping in the hospital room for the past two weeks with Lilly. I went to the interview, they told me that i will be notified, but they want me to be there for Lilly first. Bryan was here every night after his shift, joining us sometimes bring us some dinner with some dessert. It was nice having someone else to bond with other than Luke and Lilly and my parents. I was done bathing Lilly when there's a knock at the door. Is everyone decent, I waited a few minutes outside the door, knowing it's that time... But I waited too long and the pizza got cold so had to walk to the cafeteria and ask the ladies there to warm it up. Needless to say 25 minutes later here I am... He chuckles and rubs his neck. Lilly smiles and grabs the box out of his hands and digs in the pizza, well it's her favorite so who blames her. Soon we eat and joke and laugh together till who knows when we fell asleep. I woke up when the nurse comes in doing their morning rounds. My head was laying on someone's lap, with a arm rapped around me, as I look up seeing he's green eyes smiling down at me. Good morning sleepy head... sleep well? He asks. I blush, jump up and sit up straight. Sorry... is all I say to him. He smiles tenderly at me. No I don't mind it's not every day a beautiful girl sleeps on my lap... making me blush even more.

Lilly will be going home today, we are so excited to head home, so done with this hospital. Everest tore a tendon so she will be out for a while he's on stable rest with minimum movement for the first month. I was busy packing our stuff when Luke and Bryan comes in chatting and laughing. Uh what have I missed? They both smile at me then at each other. Mr. Doctor over here is invited for dinner by your parents so I'm taking a ride with him while you take your truck with our own crash girl over there. We all laughed, except Lilly didn't think it was funny. You all packed up? I nod and they took our bags and I helped Lilly in the wheelchair. Bryan picks Lilly up from the wheel chair and sets her in the truck throwing the wheelchair and crutches at the back I thank him and he nods and walk with me to my side opens the door and when I'm in he closes it for me. I roll down my window. We will be there soon I just want to get changed then we will be heading back is that alright? I nod. When I arrive at the ranch dad and mom were standing there waiting for us he grabs the wheel chair and mom the crutches. Where are the boys? Mom asks. Bryan just got off of work so he's gone to go change and Luke went with to show him the way. They nod and I pick a sleeping Lilly up carried her to her room. The medication they give her makes her very sleepy; she will wake up later and will then be hungry. I head to the stable to go check on Everest. I have not seen her since the accident. I was surprised at tge state she was in, she looks feral, skinny and in pain. I walk to the tack room to groom her and some feed and hay. Thought I'll find you here... Bryan speaks up. Yeah I had to come see Everest she's not taking this very well, I want to brush her down and feed her more feed and hay she's lost a lot of weight, don't know why my parents didn't tell me...

He takes the hay net from me and carries it for me I walk to her stable and open the door and walk in I was about to pat him when he squeals and rears up he's hooves was about to knock me when I drop the stuff on my hands and try and block the blow on my head, closing my eyes, but a force pulls me out the stable and I stumble against Bryan. I breathe out in relief. Thank you was not expecting that she's a gentle soul, don't know why she would attack me now... it's PTSD in horses the accident was too much for her... She most probably blames herself for her riders fall and now she chases everyone away that comes close to her, she lost her reason to live meaning Lilly... I nod understanding. I'll come and work with her if you want me too after work. I look up to him surprised. Will you really? I have no idea what to do here... I look at him pleadingly. Sure I'll start tomorrow. Get me some feed again please... he says and I nod and run to the tack room. I come back and give him the feed, he takes a lead rope and keeps it next to him every time Everest moves he swings it in front of him like a wall, soon he throws it in the bin and hangs up the hay net for him he walks out and closes the stable. Till I tell you otherwise, you do not go in there... I nod and move towards the other horses the rest at least looks fine and fed, I walk to the tack room grab a small white board and I write on it to not enter or come close to his stable till I say otherwise. I hang it up on his door for the grooms to see.