Chapter 29

Pov: Ra Minji

"I'm really not that hungry," I insisted, but Minho pouted, turning away and stomping out the kitchen, "Why so grumpy?! I'm really not!"

He had called me out of nowhere even though I had just finished my shift and was about to go home. As soon as I met up with him in their dorm's kitchen, he put a plate of steak in front of me. To be completely frank, the food looked delicious, but I did not have much of an appetite these days.

Ever since my meeting with Sylvan, I couldn't sleep properly, and I'd go to work exhausted. I was way too worried about having to face him sooner or later. Unfortunately, a big part of me still wanted to talk to him in order to find out how he'd been doing. Then there was the Vipress. I didn't know how to feel about having my life depend on a person who was infamous for her disregard of human emotions. On one hand, I was grateful, but on the other, I couldn't help but doubt her intentions.

Will everything be alright?

Minho trudged back into the kitchen, pulling out a chair and gesturing for me to take a seat. As I did, he pushed it towards the table like a gentleman, then pulled out the chair next to mine and sat down. It was quite funny. We were in the middle of their kitchen, but he was acting as if we were at some luxurious restaurant.

"Why do you keep trying to feed me today?" I laughed, shaking my head when he crossed his arms as an answer. This morning, he'd tried sharing his breakfast with me, taking one bite, then carrying another with his chopsticks to my mouth. Then during snacks, he'd tried making us play this weird game he always suggested. It was supposed to start with a pop-corn in his mouth which would then be caught by another's mouth? He obviously suggested it to make his teammates laugh and cringe- well, I hoped that was the case- but even so, it was his first time suggesting to pass it on to me, thrown from his mouth! He played different tricks during lunch too, and now he was trying to feed me dinner.

He should stop doing such misleading things.

"Wait.. Don't tell me you cooked this yourself!" I exclaimed, my hands automatically flying to my mouth.

"No, Changbin did," he scoffed, looking away.

Changbin can barely crack an egg.

"Alright, then. I'll eat it," I said, suddenly seeing the food as ten times more appealing. He was visibly overjoyed with my agreement, and watched in anticipation as I tried his cooking. "Wooo~ This is so good," I whistled, going stiff right as he used a napkin to wipe my mouth, "Um.. You're not eating. Did you make this just for me?"

He gave out an evil laugh and put down the napkin, standing up to go clean the utensils he'd used. "Why would I do that? Any of the members could be hungry."

Didn't the members.. eat already? I'm sure he's cooked just for me. He must be too embarrassed to admit it.

"Hmm.. Did you do something wrong? Why are you trying to appease to me?" I laughed, getting up to walk over to him. As he washed the plate, my feet took a halt next to his working figure. I slightly tilted my head to his side, concentrating on his pretty hands with a pout.

"Nothing of the sort," he stated, suddenly turning around and cutting off my oxygen intake. His face leaned in so close, I thought he'd kiss me for a second. I even flinched a little when he stretched out his arm, grabbing a bowl from behind me. I tried to control my facial expressions, but this was illegal! He gave me no time to prepare!

Rest, dear heart.

Don't expose us now, of all times.

"You just seem down lately," he said, but couldn't hide his smirk when he realized what had just happened. My heart performed a little backflip when his serious eyes found mine. But after leaving me feeling absolutely attacked, he stepped away, showing me the bowl as a silent apology and excuse for coming so near.