Coffee shop (angst)

A/N I had the motivation to kill someone...

Also, thanks @AngelTeaofFanfic for the help with this

Warnings:
Swearing
Guns
Implied death

Summery
Sven and Burt just wanted to spend some time away from the clan
Who knew it would end with this...

3rd POV

As much as Sven loved working endlessly for the clan, he had to admit that a break now and again was quite nice, especially when Burt comes too.

The two were currently back on earth in casual clothes, at one of their favourite cafés that they liked to hang out at, just chatting away.

"-and then Carol was like 'who the fuck put bleach into the washing load!' You should have seen Leprechaun's face when he realised it wasn't washing liquid" Sven laughed, sipping his coffee.

Burt breathed out a small laugh, "let's hope she doesn't find out who or Lep's gonna wish he was never born" he commented, taking a small bite out of his muffin.

The Swede chuckled, "never knew you could make jokes like that" he stated in a slightly joking tone.

"Who said I was joking" the head of communications replied in his usual monotone voice.

The two continued chatting before Burt noticed someone in a dark coloured hoodie sitting at a table on the other side, staring at them from under their hood. Burt pushed it aside, but when the person continued staring, he realised something was up.

"Hey, Sven?" Burt got the attention of the Swede who gave a 'hmm?' in response, "we should go. Now" he declared, a hint of worry in his voice got Sven getting worried too, but he didn't question it.

Quickly paying for their meals, the two quickly left, but as Burt feared, the stranger was slowly following them.

Grasping Sven's hand, the head of communications picked up the speed and walked around a corner, but someone in a similar outfit as their stalker blocked their path.

Sven quickly changed direction, realising what was going on. He quickly dragged both him and Burt down a gap between two buildings, hoping they would be unnoticed, but unfortunately, the two hooded people found them and blocked the way out.

Burt took the lead again, running back through the ally, hoping it wasn't a dead-end, but the best thing he found was a fence that was just over his height at the end.

He quickly let Sven's hand go and ducked down, holding his hands out to let Sven stand there to give himself a boost.

"No! I'm not leaving you with some strangers" Sven declined, "we're in this together"

Burt nodded, knowing Sven was too stubborn to change his mind. Looking around, he found some crates that looked sturdy enough to hold them.

The two quickly stacked them and started to climb, knowing the stalkers weren't that far behind.

Sven got to the top of the fence and jumped down, Burt was about to follow in pursuit when two sets of hands pulled him back, the sound of the crates was luckily the only sound that said that was the only thing that broke.

"Burt!" Sven yelled, trying to climb the fence but it was almost double his height.

"Don't worry about me, I'll find another way" Burt managed to say back, but the emotions that leaked through his voice said otherwise.

"Find him, I'll take care of this guy" someone who Sven presumed was one of the hooded people ordered, the sound of footsteps fading filled the silence beside the faint sounds of struggling.

Sven was about to attempt to climb the fence again, but the sound of a gunshot stopped him.

"B-Burt?" he whimpered, hoping for a response.

"You better run now boy, my friend always loves a good chase" the stranger on the other side stated, sounding like he was smirking.

Sven stumbled back a bit, realising what just happened. He let tears fall from his eyes as he raced out of the ally, running as fast as he could.

He ran out of town to find a safe place to be beamed up, but the thought of returning home didn't stop the sound of a gunshot ringing in his ears.

667 words