• 31 •

"But you know Darla, I cannot stand that male specimen for a single second. I was bearing him only because it was unavoidable. And now you say you need to extend leave for another full month." Taehyung whines to his ex secretary, the conversation seeming more casual than professional.

That's how their relationship was. He treated her more like a confidante than a mere secretary.

"Sir please, I know you want me there as soon as possible, but I really need to look after my baby since my husband had to leave urgently and I don't want to keep my precious in someone else's care."

"This is emotional blackmail."

"I'm sorry sir. Please bear Mr. Jeon for one more month. I am sure he will do his best and won't cause you any sort of trouble."

His existence itself is a trouble!

Taehyung sighs as he cuts the call, agreeing to Darla's request.

Today is the day he would have gotten rid of Jeon Jungkook for good, but alas! His wait to happiness was short-lived.

After mailing him the contract extension letter and signing the application, Taehyung moves out of his office to head to the meeting hall at the fourth floor.

On his way, he is interrupted by Jungkook.

"Thank you Mr. Kim for the extension. I'll not give you any more chances to complain." He gives him a meek smile.

Ofcourse he couldn't stand the youngest even now, but he was trying. Convincing himself that it was just for the sake of his best friend, he extends a hand for a handshake.

Jungkook looks quite amused at the gesture, but nevertheless, takes his hand, with the same faint smile.

Taehyung nods in approval and leaves after giving him instructions for the meeting.

"What is going on with you two?" Jimin, who was observing all this from his cabin, rushes out to Kookie, eyes more accusing than curious.

"Nothing at all Mr. Park. Mr. Kim extended my contract. I'm going to be here for another month." He speaks with excitement.

Jimin is suddenly finding it difficult to accept the fact that his 'boyfriend' is going to stay in the premises as him for a longer duration.

Shouldn't I be happy about it since I'm very much trying to avoid the Kim? What the hell!

"That's so unlikely of him. Why did he extend it though?"

Apparantly, the reason was stated in the mail, but Jungkook hadn't read it full yet, so instead, he says,

"I don't quite know sir. But I'm absolutely glad he did. I can be around both of you for a longer period of time."

"Why would you suddenly want to be around Taehyungshi?"

"Uh. Nothing specific Jiminie. I think he's not as rude as he shows. He was just protective towards you. Also he had been quite good with me in the past few days."

Jimin's brows furrow furiously. Unlike everyone, his imagination takes a weird turn and now it was going on all the wrong tracks.

Isn't Tzuyu enough for him that he is now suddenly being extra favourable to Kookie!

"Aren't you happy about it?"

"Ofcourse I am. It's good. It's really good. Congratulations!" Jimin says half-heartedly.

"Okay then. I'll get going. Mr. Kim says he needs me."

"Excuse me?"

"In the meeting, sir."

"Yeah ofcourse. What else?!" He smiles nervously, before dashing into his office.

Jungkook chuckles at the older's behaviour. But then, he realises what must have caused him to react that way.

No wonder Mr. Kim calls you Jiminiepabo!

He wanted to clarify that there was nothing of that sorts between him and Mr. Kim. Hell, it's totally the opposite. The flashback of his conversation with Mr. Kim from before fleets across his mind. Ofcourse he believed no shit about Jimin being serious about him.

But he keeps quiet. Even then, and even now.

I love you enough to not let you go Jiminie.

Jungkook's facial expression is indecipherable. There are a lot of conflicting statements chaotically roaming in his head. He's never cared about emotions. He was brought up that way.

But the way things have changed for him, and how it's hurting, he is now feeling sure that it was best that he didn't care about feelings before Jimin happened to him.

Feelings are complicated!

He's not liking how he now craves to be with Jimin emotionally, instead of physically. And how even after knowing everything, he just can't bring himself to leave the older for their own good.

Maybe he can try to be worthy of love, in his overall messed up life!

Reminiscing his past sourly, he gets into the elevator, heading to wherever the brunette has called him.

Meanwhile, Jimin sits in his office, restless. This was a good thing Taehyung wasn't overreacting with Jungkook now. It was peaceful. But the purple-haired male was in everything but peace.

He was missing the younger terribly. Even if it was a mirage, it still was enough. Jimin wants to be centre of thoughts to Taehyung. And him being okay with everything, he's just unable to digest now.

Why are you suddenly not interested Tae?

Getting up from the chair, he follows to the fourth floor.

Walking through the aisle, he spots the silhouette of several heads in the glass walled room. There stands Jungkook, working through the laptop, probably getting the presentation ready. But Jimin is unable to spot a certain brunette with grey suit.

He moves further in order to find Taehyung, and fortunately spots him exiting the men's room.

"Are you still angry about what I had said?"

The younger is startled at the sudden question thrown to him in empty space as he was busy wiping his hands. He quickly looks up with wide eyes, trying to locate the source of the voice.

"Damn it Jiminah, you scared me!" He sighs in relief.

Jimin waits patiently for him to answer, as he stands blocking the younger's way.

"What?"

"Answer me?"

"I'm not angry. I understand I might have overstepped boundaries."

"What boundaries?"

"Overreacting over your boyfriend definitely isn't something I should have done, when I claim to be your best friend."

"And?"

And I shouldn't have kissed you. You hate me for that.

"And that's it. Don't worry Jiminah. I promise I will behave. You and him will be happy together. I won't be a trouble, rest assured." Taehyung taps him on the shoulder and leaves with a smile that falls as soon as he's out of Jimin's view.

The older stands there dumbfounded. He didn't think a single sentence he said will initiate such a drastic response from the brunette.

But more importantly, Jimin didn't like it.
________

A/N: Author is devasted at the character development of Jshook and pretty much everyone, but nvm! :')