Since we where kids Felton knew more than me, he was stronger faster and smarter than me.

When I turned eight I had started training harder fighting harder studying harder so I could be as good as him--maybe better than him. I would stay in the Archives of knowledge until it closed then rush home and practice all the the new battle combo's I learnt.

After almost a decade of trying trying to be beat him to be as good as him, I realised I'd never achieve it.

As we ran through the woods, it came to me that no matter how hard I try he was faster, stronger, fitter and knew more than me. All those nights I spent studying he was studying too, the battle combo's I would practice on our roof from midnight to sunrise he was practicing them too. No matter how hard I try Felton was a kajillion steps ahead and it hurt.

It hurt because he deserves to be general but he won't because he wasn't born in to the right family. He was going to be my second even though he is graduating the top of his class and I graduating in third.

"Hurry before they start looking for you" Felton said as he dragged me through the woods.

"You're noble Alana, what were you thinking"

"They were going to find Egan and kill him if they found you with us" he shakes his head.

"W-what were those" the words spill out before I could stop myself

"why are you protecting the outsider" i squeak.

Felton stops and looks at me his blonde hair frizzy and damp with sweat.

"Egan isn't an outsider his mother is from here he grew up in the marsh village just outside of the city" he responds avoiding my first question.

"you're an outsider, you're from the isles" he adds staring at me.

"I'm not an outsider, the isles are protected by mother messi" i whisper.

He looks at me and turns.

"we need to get you back dutchess Alana" he says in the same cold tone Keket addresses me with when she beats me up.

~○~

I threw my veil on the floor and ripped my golden gloves off so I could wash the blues ,greens and reds that stained my finger tips.

"The worm hole is being rebuilt" my aunt said as she undid the strings on my ocean blue dress.

"Oh that's good" I respond trying to maintain my poker face. When she is done she takes my gloves and veil and dumped them into a bucket of water.

"The order is looking into it" she whispers she removes her veil and gloves then stares at me.

"Du-ho isn't dead" she said scared that saying the words would get her arrested.

My legs felt weak and before I knew it I crumbled to the floor. Du-ho is dead I saw explode , I saw fire devour him, I saw the wormhole collapse on top of him.
I think i saw him.

Du-ho was dead but my aunt said he wasn't, my aunt never lied it was her job to spot out lies to bring lying criminals to justice. That's why the order made her a general, she was a strong warrior who had a bs detector. So if she says Du-ho is alive, the boy Vivian dated , the boy we mourned, the boy whose tomb I visited the tomb of this morning it must be true.