013

Kane's POV

It has been a week since Azura has been taking care of Charlotte. 

It pissed me off and to make things even worse, she was avoiding me as much as she could so I started doing the exact same thing. 

My thoughts got disturbed by someone walking into my office. "Who the fuck do you think you are coming in without knocking?!" I angrily said. My eyes were still glued to my work. "Will you calm down?" That was Francis. 

I looked up at him and half smiled. 

He could of still knocked on the door but he is my brother and not too long ago he was the person I told everything to. 

"Hey Francis." I stood up and walked over to him to do our handshake. He smiled as if he didn't expect me to remember it. "Hello Kane, what did you need to talk about?" 

Oh yeah. I forgot I called him here to talk about my whole seeing Remi situation.

Francis and I used to talk everyday and hang out all of the time. I would talk to him about everything just like Remi. Those two are my  best friends. 

The thing is Remi, Francis, and I all met when we were little. Father was in alliance with Remi's parents until they were betrayed and murdered by one of our main rivals today. Remi was only 16 and she moved in with us. She learned how to fight and defend herself. In all honesty I think she would make a much better leader than I would. Remi and Francis started dating when they graduated from high school. One day, father sent her on a mission and for a couple months everything was fine and we all talked everyday. Until one day she didn't return our call. Then it was one week... one month. Now, it's been 3 years. We still don't know what happened to her.

"Um..." I clenched my jaw preparing to say what I wanted to say. "Do you remember when I was smaller I would see things? People?" I asked him and he let out a breath and nodded. "Yeah, I remember all the nights you'd wake up crying or confused. Why?" I sat back down and looked up at him. "I saw Remi." His eyes immediately softened and filled with worry.  It hurt him the most when she disappeared. 

"What do you mean you saw her?" He walked closer to me. "Like.. a hallucination?" I nodded and looked away. I didn't want to think about my hallucinations coming back. Especially now with everything going on. Father never knew and still doesn't. "Okay," He ran his fingers through his hair and paced around. I could tell he was thinking hard but I just don't know about what. 

"You have to go see a doctor."

"What? No I don't!"

"Yes, you do Kane. This is a problem from when you were a kid and it's coming back!"

"Yeah, but it stopped when I was 17 and stayed that way for years."

"You're going to see a doctor. Now!" 

Francis grabbed my arm to pull me out of my office but I pulled away. "I'm not going anywhere Francis! I don't want to know what wrong with me!" The room went completely silent when I said that. It was the truth, but I just never told anyone. "That's why I made you swear you would never tell dad." 

Francis sighed and put his hands on my shoulders. "I get that." He said. He was going to say something else but I stopped him. "No!" I shouted pulling myself away from his touch. "You don't get it at all! You're not the one seeing things and people who don't exist! You're not the one who would get bullied in school because of some random freak outs I had!" 

"Yeah but I'm the one who would help calm you down!" I looked away and scoffed. "I'm the one who would skip class and dates with Remi to go help you! I'm the one who would stay up all night in your room to make sure you were fine!" He continued to speak and I listened. I heard him. "I am the one who kept your secret from dad no matter how much I worried about you and wanted to tell someone!" 

I stared at him not saying anything. I worried too. Ever since the hallucination started, I was scared of what they might mean. 

Something was wrong with me and I was scared to find out what it was. 

I know it sounds absolutely pathetic. I'm a 26 year old man who is about to take over the most feared mafia. I kidnapped a woman who I can't stand right now, I've killed and tortured people but I'm too scared to go see a doctor about my problem. 

I just want to focus on my work, my men, and... Azura.

I didn't know that Francis struggled a lot too because of my problems. I never wanted him to, I just didn't want anyone to actually know what was going on. 

"I'm sorry Francis..."

"No, I'm sorry." He let his body relax and scratched his head. "I shouldn't have exploded like that, I'm just scared of what it might mean." I nodded agreeing with him.

"I'm scared too but I'm not ready to know yet."

He let out a frustrated breath and smiled. He started walking forward and he just hugged me. I was so stiff until I let myself relax and hug him back. 

A/N: This isn't really a whole chapter, I just wanted to update on the whole hallucination situation. 

Published: 10/10/2021