✧ Seventeen

Happy birthday Jack Edward :')

✧✧✧✧✧✧

I love the beach. The waves crashing up against the shore while the rest of the world quiet is something that causes an indescribable feeling for me. Arizona causes an indescribable feeling for me as well, and the two of them together was exemplary. The waves were calm and soft, and it was the perfect setting for our last day in California. The weather was warm, the skies were clear and sunny, and there was hardly anyone on the beach. 

She was making different illustrations in the sand causing me to smile and join her. She was dragging her thin fingers along the hot sand creating pictures of flowers, smiling faces, and doodling our names like she was a thirteen year old girl in love with the boy in the back of the class. 

"What are you staring at?" She asked while keeping her attention on her art work.

"I'm just...watching," I smiled causing her to grin.

"You always watch me."

"I do because I'm still fascinated."

"Fascinated by what?"

"You," I responded causing an obvious blush to coat her cheeks. "Do you want to go swim?"

"Sure," she extended her hand and I helped her up. She stripped out of her shorts and shirt, down to her bikini, and she snapped her fingers when she caught me staring. I smirked and pulled off my shirt, and we began to head for the water. It was cool, but inviting, and while my ankles were adjusting to the temperature of the water, she placed her hands on my back and sent me flying forward. I landed face first in the water causing me to gasp and jump up swiftly. I heard her giggling, and while I was down she went running out further into the water, and she was now waist deep in the chilly ocean. "Sorry, I had to," she shrugged.

"You just wait until I get you," I teased causing her to throw her head back laugh. She continued walking out until the water was just below her neck, and she turned around to face me and slowly submerged her head under the water. It had been awhile since I had saw her face, and I began to get worried. I hurried out to where she was, panicking with each second that she didn't come up for air. "Arizona!" I yelled before plunging into the water. I opened my eyes despite the harsh sting from the saltwater, and I saw her floating peacefully with her eyes shut. I grabbed her arm and yanked her up as fast as I could. We both gasped for air, and I felt my heart beating out of my chest.

"I wasn't drowning," she laughed. "I can hold my breath for awhile."

"Please," I said out of breath. "Don't do that again."

"Okay," she smiled and I held her close to me for warmth. We were out in the water what felt like for forever, and our fingers and feet were beginning to prune. There were a few clouds now overcasting the sky, and there was a shift in the wind causing it to be a little more harsh. We stayed put in the water, even despite the waves getting a little choppier than what they had been.

"I'm going to start heading back to the shore, are you coming?" I asked while standing up straight in the water.

"Yeah, I'll be up there in a minute. I feel something, like a shell, I'm going to dive in and see if I can get it," she said. I nodded and kissed her head before beginning to work my way through the water. It was getting a little more rough with each second, but I knew that she could handle it. When I got to wear only my ankles were submerged I heard a roaring sound that seemed like it was getting closer. I turned around and saw a huge wave. My jaw dropped and I remembered that she was still in the water. "I got it," she yelled while her head popped up from out of the water.