Chapter 6

Right about then Sorrel walked up and grinned at them.  “Let me guess you two are going to invite Jim over this evening.”  She knelt down and gave both of the boys a good hug.  “Well you are going to get a tickling tomorrow.”

Jim looked at her and had to blink.  “Um, why would they want to invite me over for dinner?  It is communal and all that good stuff.”  When Sorrel gave him an amused look he was more than a bit confused.  He didn’t realize that it was an invitation for maybe a bit more than just food.

Sorrel snickered at him.  “It is an invitation to share some time with her.”  She gave him a kiss and stroked the ears on the boy.  “Go and take him to her tent and then relax.  If you want come and I will share a meal with you.”  She knew that they would go to their parents since she knew the Inu that was in charge of some of the children.

~~~

The two boys pulled at his hands and pulled him to his feet.  “Come, Nasha is waiting and we are going to introduce you.”  They knew she wasn’t really waiting but it might get Jim moving faster than he was.  They knew he was from a different world but to them it didn’t really compute.  “Nasha is waiting and we are hungry as well.”  One of the boys said.

Damn it he was starting to blush again with what Sorrel said and the boys as well.  “I suppose but only for dinner.”  He let them pull him up and he looked at Sorrel and sort of shrugged at her.  “Well let’s go and keep you from being too hungry.”  When Sorrel snickered he glowered at her but followed the boys out of the tent.

When they reached the tent of Nasha he glanced around and it wasn’t quite as nice as Sorrels but was still in good shape.  “Nasha we brought Jim over since he has been so good to us.”  Both boys gave her a good hug and then scampered away from the tent to go and be with their parents.

He glanced at her and blushed again.  “Not really sure why they dragged me over here but apparently they decided you needed to have dinner with me.”  He settled down in a chair and smiled at her.  “I have been learning music with them in the morning.”

She snickered.  “I know and they have been telling me about it.  I babysit them during the day as well as other littles.”  Nasha settled in a chair as well and smiled when someone brought food to them.

“I heard you had a companion for the evening and figured you might like to have food brought to you.”  It was another female though she was a neko.  “I hope you have a good evening.”  She slightly bowed at the two of them and left the tent.

Jim blushed again and sighed.  The idea he was a companion was almost absurd but he wasn’t going to say anything about it at the moment.  Once he sat down he gave the woman a good look and recognized her from the other day.  She was the one he was thinking looked like a Doberman.  She had dark hair and ears.  Her face was a sort of tan and traced down to her neck and chest.  He wasn’t really sure why many of the species had fur but she had short thick fur rather like Sorrel.  “Man I feel like I am being passed around.”  Just for good measure he gave her a slight grin.

Nasha laughed lightly at his comment.  “You really aren’t Yim.  I am not really sure why the boys dragged you to my tent but I don’t mind having some company.”  She took the plates from the woman and set them on the table.  “You can stay long enough for dinner right?”  She moved over to the table and waved at the table.  “Come eat Yim the food is good.”

He moved over to the small table and settled down.  “Thank god my shoulder isn’t bothering much anymore.”  The food looked good and he was more than content to sit and eat with her.  “So you are sort of a nanny I take it?  Babysit the children I guess?”