Characters and misc information

Characters

Book 1  Chapter 1

Jim – Human from Earth, sent to Ranicke via a portal.

Moran – Squorrel, chief of the Soran tribe.  Father of Sorrel.

Sorrel – Squorrel, Moran’s child and responsible for taking care of Jim while injured.

Lianne – kitsune, called the white lady due to her pure white fur, psychic healer.

Nasha – Inu, babysitter and went nurse.  She works with a number of other parents to take care of the young children while their parents are working.  She does have one son but he is mated and with a different tribe.

Nora – Kitsune, mother of Tonya.

Tonya – Nora’s daughter and 7 turns old, saved by Jim and the warriors from a sick bear.

Boli – inu, random character

Ignos – Inu, twin to Balos  Never introduced to his and Balos’s parents.  They introduce him to Nasha.

Balos – inu, Ignos’s twin

Thomas – Kitsune, warrior and one of Jim’s first friends.

Eldon – Elf, Master Songsmith

Nigeal – Inu, elder of the clan, gets into fight with Jim and loses his elder status.

Solon – Feline, member of the warrior team Jim works with.

Hanzel – Inu, member of the warrior team Jim works with.

Manslow – Non-Puma Feline, Master Healer for the Soran tribe.

Lonon – Kitsune, journyman songsmith

Feric – Squorrel, apprentice songsmith, another orphan.  He is the apprentice of Lonon.

Noreal – random tribe member doing latrine duty with Jim

Saulo – Inu, orphan and helping teach the little children the teaching songs.  He also helped teach Jim the very basics of their music.  He is about 60 turns old.

Farion – Kitsune, third of the older boys who started teaching Jim music.  Orphan and about 70 turns old.

Piquel – Puma Tribe Chief

Saria – Puma feline and mate of Piquel

Zonaia – Puma, surgeon for the puma tribe, minor character.

Jaksos – Inu, Master Warrior for the Soran tribe.

Sheeha – Puma Tribe member, tutor of Alon

Alon – Puma Tribe member, Jim is his guardian and considers him his son

Emily – random baby watched by Nasha

Mitzy – Elf, youngest child, lost her parents to an illness and is watched by Jim and his mates during the day.  Her grandparents watch her during the evenings and nights.  She is being taught to sing early because of her lovely voice.  She is about 5 turns old and is a small petite girl.

Soni – Human, adoptee of Jim’s and is also around 5ish.

Songs: 

Sissy’s song by Alan Jackson chapter 3 (currently).

Arlington by Trace Adkins  Chapter 3.

Rocky Mountain high by John Denver

As good as I once was by Toby Keith

I drive your truck by Lee Bryce.

Sweet Child of Mine by GNR

Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas

Johnny B Good by Chuck Berry

Misc details

Metal is scarce and hard to come by.  The amount of metal Jim had on him was worth a great deal.  Most weapons are made from a special wood.  The wood is dense yet relatively easy to carve.  Once a tool or weapon is designed they use a series of special treatments and lacquers to seal and strengthen the wood.

Power Stones:  Stones that have a variety of uses.  The range from small pieces the size of gravel to large rocks.  They use the energy of the world to do a number of helpful things.  They can be used for light, heating and cooling to powering the caravans.

Culturally the Sorran tribe has a number of races.

Privacy Tents:  Essentially an outhouse.  When used ashes from the fires are sprinkled on to keep the odor down.

Races:

Kitsunes: fox like with a number of tails.  Not magical for the most part unlike other stories.  Yes they do gain tails as the grow and age.

Inu:  Dog like with fur and some colorations similar to human dogs.  Female Inu’s have 4 breasts, two smaller and two larger since they tend to have two or three pups at a time.

Squorels: humanoid squirrels with similar coloration and a long bushy tail.  They are for the most part pacifists unless needed.  They are knowledge seekers.

Felines/neko’s:  They cover a wide spectrum from cat like beings to Puma’s such as Piquel or Sheena.