Chapter 1: Son of the Dark Lord

It'd been awhile since that first gathering of the golden weapons. And by then, you were going back to your routine of things. Sweeping the courtyard, practicing with your shiny new polearm, cooking for the others. You all took turns on that last one, but the fact that you had to cook for more than two people now was a little daunting for you. Yet, you rose to the challenge like your father raised you too with every obstacle.

Along with your daily chores, you interacted with your new tenants at the monastery. Kai, Nya, and Zane were practically orphans and had no where else to go. Cole said that his situation was complicated. And Jay, well, you weren't sure why he moved in. But he did.

During the time Ninjago was at peace, you and the boys found that the weapons could be usable if kept with their respective elemental master. It was an odd thing, knowing that after Wu said you could never use the golden weapons because of their power. And yet, all of it was spent sending Garmadon somewhere none of you could follow.

You were currently sweeping, passing by your father as he paced around your home. It was quite obvious he was looking for something, based on his quick and urgent movements. You put down your broom, and followed him, as you did when you were a small child.

Then, you found the boys playing video games. They were making all sorts of noise, something you tuned out as the says went by. However, you recognized that it was your father's time to meditate.

Oh, they're in for it.

At least you weren't the one being berated.

Wu unplugged the gaming console, leading the TV to turn off. The boys were basically struck by this and went into a frenzy.

"It took us three hours to get there!" Cole said.

"Why would you do that? Why?" Jay said.

"Just because Lord Garmadon disappeared through the vortex, does not mean he won't come back for the golden weapons," Wu had his hands behind his back.

"But Sensei Wu, since he's been gone, Ninjago has seen nothing but peace," Zane said.

"Yeah, peace is boring," Jay sighed. "There's no one to save, or anything to do."

"Training is one thing," you said.

"Daughter, you're not the best either," Wu said. "It's been nonstop cleaning from you for the past two weeks. It's begun to wear out the monastery."

The boys snickered.

"Shouldn't you guys be the ones getting scolded?!" heat crept up your face. "At least I'm being constructive."

"We'll train tomorrow then," Cole laid down on the floor, hands behind his head.

"Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today," Wu said.

"Well, I was gonna eat this pizza tomorrow, but I think I'll eat it today."

Cole opened his mouth, but before he could eat the pizza slice, it was kicked away from him.

"No pizza for you!" Wu shouted. "In order to reach your full potential you must train."

"Uh, remember when we did a little thing called the Tornado of Creation?" Kai argued. "I thought that was pretty insane."

"Ugh, you five have barely scratched the surface of your full potential. There are still so many secrets you have yet to unlock," Wu said. "You haven't even tapped into the powers your weapons hold."

That was easy for him to say. You were not even sure what kinds of powers the moon goddess had. Much less how she wielded them with her polearm. Grandpa might've known but he was somewhere in the heavens acting like a god amongst the human folk of Ninjago. It was honestly a pain. Not knowing anything about your previous life, or the powers you held now. Soon enough, all of those questions became a void like all your other thoughts had. You had gone back to cleaning during peace time. It was all you could do after all.