S3 Ch3: Sensei Garmadon

Trees caged you in with no machines for miles. It took what seemed like hours to find this place with nothing to catch you running away. Rika was fast asleep somehow. Her breath was steady and quiet. You landed where your friends were, and leaned back in your seat. Just like always, your life had gone into disaster. You never seemed to get a break from this new life of yours. You opened the hatch after that moment of breath, helping Rika out. Neither of you said anything about the incident back at the city.

The others hopped out of their vehicles while Lloyd made his golden dragon disappear. Rika stayed behind you, possibly in awe of seeing the golden ninja in the flesh.

"This is the perfect place to lay low," Lloyd said. "No cameras, no robots trying to attack us, no problems."

A bus parked itself nearby, also hiding itself in the trees.

"Okay, one problem," Lloyd said.

"Ugh, can't we ever get a break from running," Jay sighed.

The doors opened, and Nya stumbled outside. The students from the school were still in their seats.

"Nya?" you said.

"Sis, what're you doing here?" Kai ran up to her.

"I had no choice," Nya said. "When we got to the school, it was already overrun by androids and sentinels. I was lucky I got away with no casualties."

"Dammit...can't hide there either."

"And what if overhead drones spot us?" Jay asked. "We're not exactly safe from them."

"Oh, I almost forgot," Zane dug into his hovercopter. "There was an extra green gi when we found ours in the statue. I think this is for Lloyd."

"Right, we can't have him blowing our cover," you said.

Lloyd was given his new clothes. They were a mixture of green and gold, a dragon decorating the back of it. The hood was the same as the rest of yours, breathable, but enough to block any kind of technological scanner.

"Okay, this is pretty sweet," Lloyd grinned after putting it on.

"Hold on a second, I heard someone coming," Zane said. "Be on your guard."

There was something else in the trees, another being. A human being to be precise. They passed through the forest like it was nothing, their footsteps leading them up to you. You didn't blame their curiosity. Hearing a strange sound nearby would get someone to follow. When they got closer, their figure was recognizable. Hair tied back in a braid, glasses, an Explorer's Club emblem.

"Auntie?!" you relaxed your fighting stance.

"Mom?" Lloyd said.

"Lloyd, [Name]," Misako dropped a satchel she was carrying, and hugged you two. You melted into the embrace, forsaking that voice in your head saying 'traitor' over and over again.

"Misako?" Cole said. "Oh thank the spinjitsu master you're a familiar face."

"What're you all doing here?" Misako let go of you. "I never got a letter that you were visiting. And who's this child behind you, [Name]?"

"Um, there's a lot you missed from the past year," you sheepishly rubbed the back of your neck. "Actually from the past two days. Something awful happened at New Ninjago city."

"You probably won't believe us, but the Overlord is back," Lloyd said. "They've taken over all the electronics in the city. It's probably in ruins by now. And Wu's still back there."

"Why would I not trust my son and niece?" Misako said. "And there's no need to worry about Wu. There's a reason he's lived for so long. He'll make it."