S3 Ch8: Snowy Sakura

EXTREME TW!!!: Suicide attempt

Kai's vision was hazy when he first woke up. One moment he was shrouded in gold, dying. Next he was probably going to die in the real world. Sensei was laying on the floor, knocked out. Everyone that wasn't Cole, Zane, or Jay was looking out a broken window. Some kind of mechanical flying thing was outside, before crashing on main street.

Nya turned around, and her eyes lit up, "Kai!" She ran over to him after hopping out of her Samurai X suit.

"They're waking up," [Name] sighed into her intertwining hands.

Kai was lucky that he even lived. They all were. Kai was even surprised that he wasn't still dying while in the real world. Just extremely tired. That went with Cole and Jay too. He wasn't sure if Zane could get tired. Kai felt his own joints spring up again as he was taken out of the chair he was strapped into. Like being freed from a prison cell.

"Sorry," Cole was the first to say anything. "We couldn't do it. The Overlord finished taking Lloyd's powers didn't he?"

The Overlord only said a few words whilst killing Kai and his friends. Each of them were sinking into the corrupted code. Drowning in a lake of darkness.

"I have no use for this place anymore. Other than to leave you here to die with it. But don't worry boys, it'll only be painful in your imagination."

They were delightfully cruel words fitting for a being with a black heart.

"I seriously thought I was gonna die," Jay said.

"You would have," [Name] said. "Pixal couldn't do anything about it. So I had no choice but to press the button. It's my fault that The Overlord is in this reality. My fault that Lloyd is still trapped." She crouched down to the floor, unable to leave her father's side. Tears were pricking her eyes. Kai hadn't seen her this vulnerable since that very night she discovered her true potential.

I don't want to live anymore.

Those were cruel words in their own right.

"Hey," Kai got out of his chair and was beside her. "You were trying to save all of us weren't you? That's enough for what it is."

"Yeah, right now, we need to figure out a way to stop the Overlord as they are now," Nya said.

"Lloyd's in the dragon," Garmadon said. "There's no doubt about it."

"Then we'll need to find someone that can go get him," Nya said.

"I will," [Name] said.

"I'll go with you," Kai didn't hesitate to volunteer. For Lloyd's sake, and for hers.

"I will too," Garmadon said. "I have to find my son."

"We'll cover for you," Cole clapped Jay's shoulder. Jay didn't say any protests like he did while they were in the digiverse. Go figure.

"The rest of us will evacuate the area," Nya said.

I'll have to hook Master Wu up to a monitor to keep him stable," Borg was checking on Wu. "The corruption from the data must've been hard on his physical state. It seems like he wasn't built to sustain it."

[Name] frowned, squaring her shoulders within herself.

"Alright, we have a plan," Cole said. "So let's go."

"It should be easier now that we've got this," Jay held out his hand. Sparks of lightning wrapped around it like a few threads coming to life to create a glove.

"Your powers," Nya said. "They're back?"

"It happened in the digiverse," Zane explained. "I sense that it was probably Lloyd that helped us unlock it."