Chapter 7

The passageway led to a spiral staircase. We went down it. It led down four flights.

The stairs led to a white room that had glass cases lining the walls. In each case was some kind of weapons or device. In the middle of the room stood an old man with tanned wrinkled skin and an overly excited look upon his face. He wore overall and ripped jeans.

"Howdy! I'm Uncle Jack, " He broke the silence, "How may I help you?"

"We want enter the base of the Elites." The old man moved to the side making a gesture that permitted us to go to the room behind him.

"You know where to go, my dear." He whispered to Miranda, but loudly enough for us to hear.

Miranda led us to the door, down a series of hallways, into a control center.

The control center was filled with all sorts of monitors and detectors. They each have someone working in front of them. "Welcome to The Elites," Miranda mocked, "Where we try to take down the IGSO, one day at a time."

"Elites, assemble and introduce!" Miranda Ordered.

They all lined up.

Once in a line, they all introduced themselves.

"Elite One, Leader." Miranda began.

"Elite Two, Tracker and Information Database." A short girl with shoulder-length blond hair said.

"Elite Three, Chef and Hacker." A tall boy said. He had circled glasses, suspenders, and a round face. He was the typical nerd.

"Elite Four, Trainer and Security/ Privacy Guard." He had short scruffy hair, dark skin, and an incredibly tall height.

"Elite Five, Base Security." Uncle Jack exclaimed.

"Elite Six, Perimeter Patrol Guard." A thin girl in a track and field suit said through a projected video image. It appeared that she was running around the above ground area of the base. She kept in contact with a video watch.

"Back to work!" Miranda ordered. Everyone went to their assigned desks/posts.

"Miranda, How come you didn't tell me about this." Pablo asked.

"I would have, but you wouldn't have believed me. I was hoping to recruit you the next time we met. However, it seems that I had to bring you here for other reasons." Miranda explained. "Follow me."

She walked to a room that I assumed belonged to her. It was decorated with pink walls and a glittered-white floor. Weapons were lined along the walls. In the center of the room hovered a desk. It was similar to the one in Agent V's office. Miranda pressed a button and a royal blue sofa rose out of the floor, in front of her desk. "Please sit." Pablo and I sat. Miranda went around the desk and sat in her seat, a leather armchair with E1 branded on the backrest.

"None of us have been inside the IGSO tower. Can you tell me what you saw?"

Pablo and I explained everything in great detail.

Miranda scribbled everything down on a notepad. She was just like Pablo.

"I'll be right back." Miranda got up from her desk, blew Pablo a kiss, and left to the control room.

Pablo and I were alone.

"That's some girl you got there." I teased Pablo.

"Shut up." He joked.

Elite Two came in. "One told me everything, let me take you to Four so that he may get you geared up."

She left the room. We followed.