Chapter 10

There he was. Thomas's face showed on the screen. God! I missed him. I held in my tears, but only because Agent V was watching me.

"Thomas, Agent V's imprisonment of us was just a test. He wanted to see if you were truly smart enough for the IGSO. I escaped from my cage. He awarded me. He made me Agent E. I love it here. Please, come back. I love you." I recited. I made an effort to say it in a monotone voice. I did this, so that he would know that those words were not mine.

"Claire, is everything okay?" Thomas asked. "You don't sound yourself."

I looked back. Agent S gave me a signal of a gun made with her hand. My timer went off. The time is now. S took an imprisonment-zapper out of her pocket and aimed it at Agent V. I moved the webcam so that Thomas could see it.

"It is all Lies! Agent S is an Elite. I'm coming to you Tommy!" I yelled in my regular voice.

Agent S held the device in front of Agent V. "I have had enough of you. This world has too!"

"You wouldn't dare." Agent V said.

Agent S tried to zap Agent V into the most secure chamber in the IGSO building. It didn't work.

Agent S panicked.

"Silly secretary, I built those things. They only work on humans. I am an android." Agent V explained. "Now, dear, would you would be so kind as to let me show you how it's done?" He yanked the remote out of Agent S's hand. He zapped her. The room filled with light. A second later, the light returned to its keeper.

Agent S was still there. "I too am an android. Victor, do you not remember? You built me as your slave. Thus, the name Agent S. S stood for Slave. My true name is Tiffany."

She caught Agent Victor off guard. "I- I- I- I built you? Why can I not remember it? I was positive that I hired you."

"Victor, I programmed that thought into you, as soon as I joined the Elites. Surely, you know about us." Tiffany said.

"You are part of the Elites? Why?" Agent V sounded puzzled.

"Nobody likes being a slave. NOBODY!!!" Tiffany lunged at him. She punched him in the chin at a rate that would have beheaded a human. Agent V only blinked. He then did something completely unexpected. He broke the window that separated us, and pointed the zapping-gun at me. Thomas was yelling at me to move, but I couldn't hear him over the noise of the electricity.

"CLAIRE! RUN!" I watched her get zapped away. I broke into tears. "Claire, come back!" I could hardly speak.

"You are next." Agent V yelled at me.

Miranda ended the call before it could get worse.

I sled along the wall onto the floor. I couldn't bear the thought that Claire had to go through this. To top it off, it was all my fault. If I wouldn't have given her the riddle, she would still be at her apartment in New York. Jacob and Pablo helped me up and brought me to my room. I wept like a baby. It all happened so fast. I was so mentally exhausted. I began to fall asleep.

The last words I heard were Pablo's.

"We will rescue her."

A dark room materialized around me. I couldn't see a thing. I waited for my eyes to adjust.

"Claire! Claire!" A voice called in the distance.

I realized that I was in a dungeon-like jail cell. I noticed a figure in a nearby cell.

"Claire! Claire!" The voice shouted again. I recognized it.

"Tiffany! What are you doing in there?" I yelled back.

"After you were zapped, Victor promised to hunt Thomas next. Then the call ended. After that, He removed my batteries and brought me down here. He put them back in me and left." Tiffany explained. "By the way, he didn't build me...The Elites did. I just said that to throw him off."

"Please tell me Thomas will be okay!" I pleaded.

"I just sent our location to the Elites. They are our only hope." Tiffany said. "Thomas is with them. They will protect him..."