Chapter 1: Briefing One

Inside of a well lit room pilots were talking among themselves about the current events:

'I can't believe the Badgers won the game yesterday. The Ravens should have totally kicked their ass!'

'The reason why they lost it's because they were overconfident, dum dum. They thought strength was everything, and look what that got them.'

'Whatever, I still think they should have won . . .'

Then, the door opened and outside of it was the briefing officer and another pilot. They had (H/T) that was (H/C), (S/T) and (E/C). Their facial expression was almost emotionless, but it also show the signs of seriousness.

The Briefing officer, on the other hand, had pale skin & blue eyes. Underneath his cap, was a blonde undercut. He also had a goatee.

The two began to walk towards the board, then, the briefing officer turned to the other pilots.

"All right pilots, settle down. I said settle down!"

After the order was said, they quiet down and face the officer.

"Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's get into the briefing. Before we do that however, I like for you to meet a new pilot. Y/N, come over here."

The officer put a hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"This will be a new addition to to the squad, so I hope you treat them with respect. Y/N, you can sit next to Guotin Xuan."

They complied and sat next to Xuan. He had pale skin, brown eyes and a fringe up. He was cleanly shaved.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. You already know my name, but you don't know my skills. I'll show you in the air when we're done with the briefing."

"Yeah right, Xuan. You're nothing more than support."

Guotin look behind him, smiling.

"Hey, I got my fair share of kills."

"That's enough small talk. Let's get to work."

The pilots then once again gave their attention.

"Around 0500 hours (5:00 a.m.) we've received reports that a bunch of Woaven fighters have entered our airspace and attack one of our airfields. According to the report, they managed to successfully repel the attack . . .but not before taking heavy damage."

As the officer was talking, a digital map showed. Small building showed, as well as red arrows that took the place of planes. The arrows were shown dipping down and a small dot was shown dropped from the arrows. Followed by an explosion. Small dots that simulated AA guns were shown firing at the arrows.

"Now the air base claim that they might do a second round soon. If that's the case, we need to get there before they do. Which is where Devil Squadron will come in. Your mission is to essentially be on the defense. You will also provide reconnaissance, in case reinforcements arrive."

Green arrows were then shown confronting the red arrows, as they battled over the small buildings. While others were going away from the zone and flying about.

"If you need anything, from ammunition to repairs, there will be a return line. However, I don't think you'll need it for this mission. It should be over with very soon. Although, don't take my word for it. Any questions?"

One of the pilots besides Y/N raised his hand and the officer nodded.

"Yeah, I got one: who's going to be our AWAC for this mission?"

"Good question, let me answer it with another: you remember 'Guard Dog'?"

A logo of the AWAC was shown: it was a german shepherd showing its teeth. In between, was a baton. It also had a guard hat on with the words  "Guard Dog".

Based on the reactions of some of the pilots, their history wasn't so great.

'Oh, for the love of . . .'

'You got to be kidding me!'

'Him again?!'

"That's right he's going to be your AWAC. I know you might have some.....history with him, but he's reliable. I have faith in him. Anything else?"

None of the pilots said a word, as they waited for their next order.

"No? All right, let's get to work! Dismissed!"

With this order, all of the pilots left the room, with the projection cutting off behind them.