Chapter 5: Briefing Two

The group made it just in time for the debrief to come, greeted by a warm expression on the debriefing officer.

"Devil Squadron, I'm glad you came. Sit."

They complied with the order, quickly getting a chair and sitting by the front.

"At around 0325 (3:25 A.M.), an SOS transmission was sent by another kingdom. Their name is Jumas."

Their flag was then shown:

"Jumas is a rather isolated kingdom

"Jumas is a rather isolated kingdom. Besides the civil war a few years back, they never really been in any big conflict. The Air Force is small but mighty, breeding some of the most elite fighters we've ever seen to date."

A picture of the kingdom was shown. At first it didn't really look like much, just a normal Island. But this island IS Jumas. Small, but long and filled with life.

"And it is because of this...that Jerutha has gained a peek of interest in them."

The picture shrunk and slid to the bottom left, with both flags standing side by side. Beside Jerutha's flag, the image of a piece of paper was being pushed towards Jumas.

"From what we know, Jerutha tried to make a deal with Jumas: join them against us and Elerrama, and they get an increase of land and exports. Jumas, not wanting to get into conflict, declined their offer. Twice."

It was then shown that the piece of paper was being flung back and forth. Each time was met with a red X. On the 2nd attempt, Jumas, again, declined. This time, Jerutha's flag formed an angry mark on the top right side.

"The enemy didn't take that too kindly, and decided they try and take the island by force."

A cutlass sword was then shown being rotated with the blade pointing directly at Jumas from Jerutha. The two flags then disappeared, with a picture of the battle being shown. Two of Jerutha's jets for being outnumbered by Jumas's.

"Surprisingly, it didn't work. Like I said early on, Jumas has bred some of the most elite fighters we've ever seen to date. So it was quite clear that they wasn't going to go without a fight. But even warriors have limits."

The tables within shown to be turned, with Jerutha outnumbering Jumas.

"Remember: their Air Force is small and, unlike the enemy, they cannot easily gain reinforcements. They're being outgunned and outnumbered. They need our help."

Jumas's flag was then shown sending an SOS signal towards Goenna and Elerrama. Unfortunately, Elerrama was forced to decline, showing their flag having a sweat mark and the request with a giant red X. Meanwhile, Goenna's request was shown with a green check mark.

Everything else then disappeared and and a map of the island was shown again. This time digitally.

It showed everything, from capitals and cities to Air Bases. Over top of them were green and red arrows, duking it out in the air.

"Devil Squadron, your objective is simple: defend Jumas and drive the enemy back. Dismissed...and good luck..."

As the projection cease to be, Devil Squadron quickly ran out the door. Readying themselves for another skirmish.