Chapter 2: Operation "Windbreaker"

After the meeting was over, all of Devil Squadron ran to their planes. One pilot got into a 'F-22 Raptor'. The same thing for another pilot. Xuan got in to his 'F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet'. And Y/N got in to their 'Tornado IDS/ECR'. After making the necessary preparations, like checking the systems and making sure everything was working, the command tower call Y/N.

"Ok, Y/N. Listen closely: you'll have two different names. One will be your 'call sign', which is basically your nickname. The other will be your actual code name. So for now on, you'll be known as 'Devil 2'."

In response, Y/N, now known as "Devil 2" flicked the radio twice as a way of confirmation. A few seconds later, another voice could be heard through the transmitter. It was Xuan.

"HQ, this is 'Devil 1'. Ready for takeoff."

"Copy that Devil 1, the runway's all yours."

"Wilco."

After the confirmation from the command tower, Xuan, now known as "Devil 1", took off from the runaway. After a few seconds, the command Tower called for Y/N.

"Devil 2, runway is clear. Get ready to take off."

They flicked the transmitter once again, as they started accelerating their speed. Then they flew up into the air as their landing gear folded up.

"Ok, air restrictions are lifted. Godspeed, gentleman."

To say the scenery for Y/N was breathtaking would be an understatement. As they flew through the air, it had seemed that the white clouds were too slow to keep up. Sooner or later two more planes started flying towards them, getting into the "four-finger" formation. Before they did that however, some of the pilots were doing tricks in the air. For starters one of the pilots, known as "Devil 3", performed a "Aileron Roll" before going down and then shooting back up. After that they twisted in the air again, before finally getting into position. "Devil 4", apparently, increase their speed, turn it off and spun horizontally while falling, before turning their thrusters back on and getting back in the position. Admittedly some of the tricks shouldn't have been possible, and it it seemed extremely dangerous.

But they were pros, right? No need to worry about what they do, right? These were some of the thoughts that were going through Y/N's head. Admittedly, they wanted to do some of the tricks too, but felt like they weren't skilled enough just yet. Although it's still put a smile on their face to see the team goof off in the air. It seems like they were flying because they were free. Free from being stuck on the ground, that is.

After that show, the transmitter started activating.

<<Calling all call signs, this is AWAC 'Guard Dog', how copy?>>

<<Guard Dog, this is 'Devil 4', I hear you.>>

A female voice called out.

<<'Devil 3', hear you loud and clear.>>

Replied another female voice.

<<Devil 1, we copy.>>

Xuan said, finishing the roll call....sort of.

<<I hear three of you, not four. Where's the other member?>>