Chapter 7: Kizmel and The Elven Warfare

The next floor is again different than the rest. It is a dark forest theme this time. It's all foggy and dark. I prefer this over the other themes of the past two floors. 

Koharu: "It's a forest theme this time. But it seems dark and all. What do you think about it?"

Kurai: "I kinda like it. Let's go do some quest for some XP and possibly some hints to the next boss."

I check my quest list and I found something new. The quest is called the Elf War. According to Argo, certain NPCs are capable of using sword skills. This quest has a lot of NPCs who can use sword skills. Maybe it will give us new information about the next boss. Koharu and I walk around the forest and look for some hints about NPCs fighting each other. We then encounter two guys fighting each other. One guy is an elf wearing green armor. His skin is white and his hair is blonde. The other elf is tan-skinned, has purple hair, and has black and purple armor. Both of them have quest markers on them.

???: "This is what you get for messing with a Forest Elf!"

He seems to be overpowering her. As she gets knocked down, she gets kicked by her enemy. However, she gets up and strikes back.

???: "I won't go down easily."

I watch as the fight continues. 

Kurai: "Those guys are definitely elves, look at the pointy ears. This must be the Elf War Quest that Argo mentioned. But who should we side with? We don't know what's going on."

Koharu: "I know, but I can't stand it to see the girl getting hurt like this. I want to help her!"

Kurai: "Whatever, let's go save the damsel in distress."

The Forest Elf is about to land a blow, but Koharu parries him and strikes back. She looks at the surprised elf lady.

Koharu: "You're okay?"

Purple hair elf: "Yes. Thank you for your assistance, Outlander."

Outlander? I guess this is what the NPCs call us. It does make sense because we are strangers to this new "world". The Forest Elf looks at Koharu.

???: "Foolish Outlander! You dare bare your fangs against the Forest Elves and join arms with the Dark Elves? You will pay for that!"

I walk in and join.

???: "You too?"

Kurai: "Come on. You call yourself a man, but you beat up a poor lady like that? Hmmph."

Koharu: "You're terrible, you Forest Elf!"

???: "If you dare to challenge a Forest Elf, then this fight will be your last!"

Kurai: "Do your worst."

We charge at each other. He may look tough, but with Koharu's and my skills, we defeated him. The elf woman looks surprised as we defeat it with ease.

???: "How did you defeat a dexterous elf with such ease? So the Outlanders have great potential. Just like what the rumors have said."

Kurai: "We've beaten tough guys and all. This is just our encore."

Koharu: "Yeah, as he said. My name is Koharu and that was Kurai. We don't stab people in the back or do anything that would betray your trust."

???: "I already see that you two are trustworthy. Well then. My name is Kizmel. I am a high-ranking knight among the Dark Elves."

We both shake hands with each other.

Kizmel: "Words cannot express my gratitude. Allow me to take you back to our camps and I will show you the commander. He will reward you for your deeds."

Looks like there's no going back. We're siding with the Dark Elves in this strange war. All of the NPCs act like... You know, machine-like. But Kizmel speaks in a human-like fashion. It's impressive that Kayaba could do something like that. As we walk to the camp, she explains to us the history of the Elves and how the war started. Long story short, there are two fractions: The Forest Elves and Dark Elves (Aka the Lysula). According to Kizmel, the Dark Elves were from the Tree of Lysula. That's why they are called the people of Lysula. The Dark and Forest Elves don't get along and all, and this led to many fights. They are fighting over these sacred relics called the "Keys". Kizmel was born when the elves' factions were separated. So she finished telling us the lore. Now it's our turn to talk.

Koharu: "When talking to you, it feels much easier to talk to you compared to the other n- people of Aincrad."

Kizmel: "Hmm. Yes. You warriors came from a different world, don't you?"

Kurai: "So you know our world?"

Kizmel: "I do not know the names of the Outlanders' Kingdoms or Cities. But I do know that the Outlanders are certain and chosen humans who were cast upon a Great Spell and were trapped here in Aincrad. They have a duty to fight to the top and return to their worlds. We call you Outlanders, others call you The Lost, Strangers, or Travellers. Those are common names towards you. A few of those who despised you came up with 'clever names.'"

Kurai: "I see..."

This NPC has a good dialogue route. 

Kizmel: "Our duty is to keep the keys and make sure no one abuses it. The opens to the Lysula Tree's home."

Koharu: "So it's a Pandora's Box..."

Kizmel: "Yes. I have the Jade Key. I will hand it to the Commander." 

We meet the commander. His dialogue options are not the same as Kizmel. I guess she is an integral part of the story, so that's why she's different than the other NPCs. Hopefully, we can find details about the next boss. I know what it could be, but on the previous floors, there have been some changes to the boss. I bet that it will be the same for the next boss. Let's hope and find out.