Dating App

Amara's POV

It's been more than a year since i started using this app but still unlucky to find someone real. mostly boys pretending to be women, i don't know what's wrong with people these days, weirdos! I think I'll delete it again.

This is what I've been doing in the last couple of months since the pandemic started, installing dating apps, finding someone for hook up then uninstall, install again once i get bored, later on i realized that I'm completely just wasting my time and decided to get serious with few women i met from social media. I had this 1 friend from a small village, at first we really had a good conversation, we did video calls many times, but when I realized that what she really wants from me I stopped messaging her and just ignored her. This happened few times, girls most of the time just wants money so i decided to give it a break.

I haven't really met someone real like someone who will take me seriously and put our relationship into the next level, so far I'm ending up being disappointed because i easily get attached then I'll find out in the end that most of them were men.

I lost hope with men after my separation from a 7 years marriage, I thought i was really happy, I thought being married to a man and having a good job will fulfill my life as a woman but all those years I know there's something wrong deep within me, I was scared of accepting myself just to not disappoint the people around me.

I was on a deep thoughts while reminiscing my past when suddenly my phone vibrates, i received a notification from a new member

"Hello" I saw a picture of a woman named Erin, I was so curious as I opened her message.

"Hi" i replied "How are you?" i asked her a follow up question hoping I won't freak her out. On the back of my head i was thinking this might be another random boy pretending and just making fun of me.

"Please send me a voice note." I demanded thinking that it was a man and or random . "I'm sorry I'm not fluent in English" She replied via voice message so i was kinda convinced that she's real, still have doubts but i thought I'll give it another try.

After giving a little details about ourselves and chatting for few hours, we found ourselves exchanging numbers. "Do you have WhatsApp? here's my number just message me in there" Amara said. "Sure but at this hour I'm a little busy so I'll message you later." i replied.

As we continued chatting, I felt that she's real and trust for each other started to build around us. She shared some personal experiences, I found out that she filed a divorced after 4 months of being married to a man that her mother arranged for her. Arranged marriage in some countries where we were isn't easy for a woman like her. She shared some details with me like how she experienced the agony, depression, misery, being abused by her own husband, how to be a sex slave and played with a man, how to be raped by her husband's best friend with that bastard's permission. How to be a powerless woman, how to be a plain housewife that she doesn't have any choice but to just face each day trying her luck to be loved.

She used to talk to me on call during her free time and it became our regular routine. Erin and I are really getting along these days, it's been few days since we started and it's not difficult to get along with her. I was intently listening on her on the other line when she suddenly said, "Hello Amara are you still there, I noticed you're so quiet" Erin suddenly asked me in the middle of our conversation. "Oh yeah I'm here, sorry I was just listening to you." I replied. As she continue talking I can feel the sincerity in her voice, " You know I even fought with my ex husband for my son's custody case, It was so hard omg like everyday, me and my mom needs to visit the court and wait for hours outside and I have no idea what will be the outcome, it took like 5 years before we got the result and luckily, I won the case." She happily exclaimed. Even tho she's making herself strong I can feel how my tears rolled down to my cheeks so quickly and all I wanna do is to hug her very tight, I can feel how weak she is inside and I don't know why I got this weird emotion that I wanna take care of her, I don't want to see her cry. I feel bad about what happened to her.

"Hmmmm.. Life isn't easy, but always remember that you're not alone." This is all I can say about everything she shared.

******