Chapter 1 - The death of mother

Spidi Pov.

My brother Oscar and I had been fishing for a while now. We needed some more food because we were running low. I had just gotten up from the dock when oscar nearly fell into the water. I quickly ran over to catch him before he fell in. Neither of us really knows how to swim. We are cat people after all. The fish let go and Oscar fell backward into my arms.

"Oh thank god you caught me," He said as he found his balance again.

"Yea, that fish was a strong one. We did get a lot though!" I said picking up our bucket of fish. Oscar looked at his clock.

"The sun should start setting soon, we better head home."

And with that, we started our journey home. It was only like a 10 minute walk but still, I count it as a journey.

-------------------------------------------------------

As we neared our home I got a weird gut feeling, but I just shrugged it off. But as we opened the door, my heart dropped. I saw something I'm never gonna forget.

"MOM" I dropped the bucket of fish and ran over to her. I quickly checked her pulse. Nothing.

"Shes.. Dead.." I looked up at Oscar, my eyes tearing up.

"WHAT? No! She can't be dead!" Oscar quickly ran over to check her pulse as well, but still nothing. There was a bucket beside her filled with what looked like puke. She had been sick for a little while, but we didn't think much of it. I looked up at the kitchen top and saw an empty box of cookies. I grabbed it and sure enough, chocolate cookies.

"OSCAR!? DID YOU GET CHOCOLATE COOKIES?? YOU KNOW WE CAN'T HAVE THEM!" I shouted. I couldn't believe him.

"What? No, I bought almond cookies! Give me the box" He grabbed the box from my hand and looked at the ingredients.

"W..what??! I was so sure I bought the almond ones!"

"WELL, CLEARLY YOU DIDN'T. AND NOW LOOK, MOM IS DEAD. POISONED. WITHOUT US EVEN KNOWING."

"Well, you're the one who needed cookies so badly!"

"NO! Mom wanted them! Plus, YOU, should've paid better attention!" Tears were falling down my cheeks.

Dad had just gotten home from hunting.

"Woah what's going on?-" He said as he entered the door.

"Stella?!" He hurried to her, "What happened?"

"Well, SOMEONE, didn't pay enough attention to what they were buying and bought CHOCOLATE cookies!" I gave Oscar a death glare.

"Well, it's not my fault you needed them so badly! MAYBE if you didn't hurry me so much none of this would've happened!" Oscar and I continued arguing over who killed our mom.

"Annie. Oscar. Calm down!"

"CALM DOWN??? YOU'RE TELLING ME TO, CALM DOWN? MY MOM JUST DIED, AND YOU'RE TELLING ME TO FUCKING CALM. DOWN?" 

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N
Haha hello! First chapter ever posted lets go. So yea, its a bit short, but i just wanted to have the cliffhanger lol. Its very dramatic in the first part, but its not always like this! It gets less dramatic. So just bare with me-
 Also im sorry for any spelling mistakes and stuff. Also let me know of words like "Cuz " and "Tho" so i can fix thm, thank! :))

547 words