Chapter 3 - Getting to know the village

Winston POV:

I left Spidi at the library while I headed home to get everything set up. I really wasn't expecting to care for a child, but here I am. I was gonna have to set up her own room, and I only had a kitchen and a bedroom. I spent the next few hours setting up a spot for her in my house.

When I went to get spidi, she was sitting on the floor, Miss Bertha was teaching her harder words.

"Hello Spidi, are you enjoying the book club?" I said crouching down to her on the floor.

"Oh yeah! I love reading!" She said, her eyes lit up with joy.

"Good to hear! Lets go explore the rest of the village now" I said, helping her up.
(Also why are kitten paws so fluffy??? They're so soft :OOO)

"Okay! Bye Miss Bertha!" She waved to Miss Bertha as we left the library.

We walked around WheatStone and I showed her many builds and farms that were scattered around the village.

"This is the village's Iron golem He protects this village and all the residents from zombies or other creatures that roam around here"

"Oh! What does he do?" She asked, reluctantly stepping towards him.

"He attacks the monsters at night to keep us safe."

"Oh! So he's like a uh.. Like a silly slapper!" She giggled, I chuckled at the name.

"Yeah, he's a silly slapper."

Next I took her to the smithy to meet the Weapon smith and the tool smith.

"This is the local smithy" she looked up at me in confusion.

"What the heck is a smithy?"

"Oh, uh, it's a place where people who make weapons and tools work." I explained.

"Oh!"

"Oh hey Winston!" One of the workers said, looking over to me. He was working on what looked like an iron sword. "Who's the kid?"

"My name is Spidi" She waved. The worker crouched down to her level.

"Nice to meet you Spidi, my name is Roger" He said, reaching out his hand.

"He's WheatStone's weaponsmith, he makes weapons for us to defend ourselves during raids, or even when monsters attack"

"Raids?" She looked worried.

"Yeah, but don't worry! They don't happen often" Another worker chimed in.

"I'm the tool smith. " He smiled, "Oh, well hello Mr. Tool Smif" She smiled at him.

We moved on to the mason.

"This is Bobbethy! He's the stone mason, without him the buildings here wouldn't look as good as they do."

"I love your name, Bobbethy," Spidi giggled, Bobbethy chuckled as well. "Thanks, I get that a lot" he said and continued working.

"Can I come look?" She asked.

"Why of course! Come over!"

He waved her over and put on a weird mask so she wouldn't get stone bits in her eyes.

After about half an hour I looked at the clock. It was beginning to get dark.

"We should really go soon , it's beginning to get dark."

Spidi nodded and took off her mask and handed it to Bobbethy.

"I don't wanna have to travel in the dark.." She looked down

"Well, good thing you don't have to" She looked back up at me.

"Oh?"

"We decided to let you stay in the village, but that's only if you want to, that is!"

Spidi's eyes lit up.

"Really?!"

----------------------------------------

A/n
HEY! 3 CHAPTERS IN 2 DAYS LETS GO! I love writing this lol. And yet again, i leave you on, sort of a cliff hanger. Hehe. Again, dont be afraid to correct gramar mistakes! My first language isnt english :)

Also! 603 words POG!