Chapter 5 - The raid

Spidi POV:

The next day, I woke up to Farmr dude violently shaking me awake as well as the bell ringing.

"Spidi! Spidi! You have to wake up!" He whisper-screamed

"mmhmhmhmWhaattt?" I said groggily, wanting to go back to sleep

"There's a raid going on, you have to hide with the others!"

My eyes shot up, and i immediately jumped from the bed

" A RAID?" my heart was beating really fast.

"Shhh" Farmr dude grabbed me by my arms and we slowly but surely exited the house. Apparently, He drank an invisibility potion from brewr and we walked, slowly, to the fountain.

"What are we doing near the fountain?" I asked

"Sit in there, well be good to go until the raid is over" He said, pointing to the fountain

"In the... fountain..?" I looked at the fountain, terrified

Farmr looked at me, my ears were down and my tail was down as well

"Not in the fountain, silly, under the fountain" He brushed off some sand to reveal a trapdoor. He opened it and signed for me to get in.

It was very dark.. I reluctantly crawled in. Right before Winston closed the trapdoor he handed me a torch. Then he closed the trapdoor and covered it in sand.

Under the fountain, it was really dark. I couldn't see anything but the torch. It lit up enough for me to see the small room. It was so small farmr dude couldn't get in, and the only noise i could hear was the dropping of the water above me as well as the war cries of the pillagers. It was really scary! I've only been in this village for two days, but I've gotten so close to all the villagers. Plus I obviously don't wanna die myself. I'm mostly worried about the others though..

Farmr dude POV:

I quickly went to Robin's Workplace. He won't mind if I pay for the arrows later, right? I Used the no skill I have to shoot at the Pillagers from afar, at least this will help out a little. I looked over to find Roger gathering people to help fight. Giving them weapons and armor.

I heard the iron golem slappi- attacking some pillagers as well.

Nothing we did seemed to help. They just kept coming! After what felt like ages of fighting I hid behind the fountain. My invisibility potion had run out a long time ago. I wanted to check up on Spidi, but I didn't want her to see too much of what's happening. Before I could decide I heard the trapdoor open. I quickly looked over to check. I saw Spidi crawling out.

"Nono! Spidi! Go back in!" I whisper-yelled.

"But I wanna help!" She whispered back, closing the trapdoor behind her.

"It's not safe, Spidi! You'll get hurt!" I crawled over to her.

"I'll manage!" She was about to get up before I grabbed her arm.

"No Spidi." She looked back up at me and pried herself away from my grip and hurried away. I sighed and decided I'd have to just hope for the best.

A moment later I saw her running towards a pillager with an iron axe in her hands. After what seemed like ages we finally got through the first two waves, with no major injuries. In the third one, things started going downhill.

Spidi was attacking a pillager when a ravager came up from behind and sent her flying forwards. She landed in the warm sand and was shot by another pillager. She screeched in pain as the arrow went through her shoulder. I saw Roger attack the ravager. I hurried over to spidi and checked her pulse. She was still alive, just unconscious. I picked her up and ran to find Zed, the local cleric.