Chapter 2: Marriage

Today was the happiest day of my life. Maybe not as great as the time I first met Jesse and everyone else who I would come to see as family, but I doubt that any other moment could top that. Still, I couldn't help but feel butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. After everything that happened in the past six or seven years, I was finally going to get married.

It had been a few months since Jesse proposed to me after our big fight with Romeo, and ever since then, we had been preparing for the biggest wedding that the world has ever seen. We sent out invitations to all of our friends and families, and since me and Jesse were also considered to be the greatest heroes that ever lived, especially after defeating Romeo, tons of people came from all over Beacontown and even from other nearby cities like Champion City just to see us get married. It was pretty overwhelming at first, but thanks to some encouraging and comforting words from Jesse, I could honestly say that the thought of numerous strangers watching us on our most important day no longer made me want to hide under a rock.

My new adopted sister, Stella, was adamant on overseeing our wedding, no matter how much we told her that it wasn't necessary. "You still need to reconstruct Champion City," said Jesse. "You don't have to plan our wedding on top of that." "Oh, but Jesse, I WANT to oversee you and Alex's wedding," Stella replied in her usual, slightly snobbish tone, which didn't sound so snobbish now that we knew how sweet and kind she really was. "It's actually been a dream of mine to plan a wedding, especially for two of the greatest heroes in the world." "Stella, come on," I chuckled, blushing heavily. "I mean it," said Stella, taking me and Jesse's hands in her own. "You've both done so much for me, and I want to repay that. So please let me."

Needless to say, there were more than a few tears that followed, mostly from Jesse.

Binta and the people of Fred's Keep volunteered to help Stella rebuild Champion City, which explained how it was already half finished in a matter of weeks. And Annie, who was responsible for evacuating most of Champion City's population before Romeo blew the whole place up, was hailed as a heroine by a lot of people. Amusingly enough, Annie was more than a little irritated from the praise she kept receiving from people she hadn't even met before, and preferred to stay indoors until the whole thing was over with. Now she knew how me and Jesse felt whenever the residents of Beacontown praised us and called out our names.

Ivor and Soren not only reconnected with the rest of the old Order of the Stone, but also reintroduced their long lost friend, Ramus. Gabriel and Magnus were absolutely ecstatic to find out that Ramus had been alive for all these years, but were still saddened by the gloomy fact that Ellegaard was never going to enjoy the same happiness, may she rest in peace. At one point, I hesitantly asked Magnus why he hated her so much when she was still alive, hoping that I wasn't overstepping my boundaries. Instead of getting angry, Magnus just looked into the distance with a sad expression. "I was in love with Ellie," he explained. "But...she never returned those feelings, so...I acted like I didn't care. Things pretty much spiraled out of control from that point on. It was only until after the whole Wither Storm event when I found out that Ellie was a lesbian. Man, I sure wish I knew that sooner. Would've saved us a lot of heartache." He sighed and looked me in the eye. "Here's some advice, squirt. Never take anything for granted. I made that mistake and now I regret it every day of my life." I remember hugging him tightly and promising him not to make the same mistake he did. "I'll hold you to it," said Magnus.

Although Ramus, Soren, Ivor, Gabriel, and Magnus weren't quite the same team of heroes as before, the group DID start getting back into their groove. They began going on adventures and collecting artifacts just like the old days, this time without the influence of the command block. Curious, Gabriel once asked Ivor what had happened to the enchanted sword that Jesse used to slay the Wither Storm. "I threw it into a volcano," Ivor said nonchalantly. "The sword brought too many bad memories." Imagine how surprised he would be when he finds out that he threw the enchanted sword into the same volcano as the one where Jack threw away the missing piece of the map that revealed the location of the sea temple!