Part seven.

2016

This was Josh's lucky year. Last year Josh didn't get invited to the video music Awards but this year he had four nominations to his name. This years VMAs were being held at Madison Square Garden, new York city in America. Firstly I was excited that my baby was getting so big and important to the world. From the beginning of this year Josh and I centered all our time on fixing our relationship. We didn't go for counselling or anything but we just talked more and listened more.
I aired out and shared pieces of me I hid so deep and so did he.
This afternoon our clothes for the VMAS were being delivered and I was excited to try on the dress I picked out. As we all waited for the delivery to occur, Josh and I enjoyed our time by our pool.

"Let's get in

"Let's get in. "Josh told me and got up.

"I just dyed my hair..... You know how I feel about dyes and water. "I told him. Though it never really happened I was always scared of my dye being washed out by water.

"Baby...... They don't wash off.... Come on. "Josh told me and dive into the water. When he entered the water he made such a large and loud splash.

"That definitely hurt. "I told Josh laughing.

"Come on Vanessa...... Just for a few seconds. "Josh begged me. "Just my knees down. "I told him and sat at the base of the pool with only my feet in the water. Josh swam up to me and picked me up into the water.

"I'm proud of you..... And congratulations. "I told Josh as he held me close to him. "I didn't get to say that earlier. No thank you.... No smile. Josh just kissed me. The kiss was long and probably messing for anyone watching.
I know Josh could lose all the nominations but the fact that he did get them was a big step to developing his career and making a mark.

The clothes finally come in. I was so excited. I had a thing for fashion. I couldn't design but I was good at putting things together. I had a good eye.

"I think she should wear her hair straight. "One of the dressers said to her colleagues referring to Royalty.

"No let her wear it curly..... The pants would definitely stand out if she wears it like she usually does. "I contributed making the team pause to really look at the outfit.

"I'll wear it straight then. "Royalty said and rolled her eyes. I knew her decision was based on the fact that I made a suggestion. Whatever. As long as my babies looked good I was good for the day.

"How do you think Leigh should have her hair? "The dresser who was dealing with my kids asked.

"Natural of course. Her father sang a whole album about natural black beauty so why dress out of context. "I told the dresser making her see my point of view and agreeing with me.

"I like my hair big and curly. "Leigh added making me happy.
I was in the dressing room with the kids while Josh was in another with his friends and work mates.
Josh's parents were coming along too. They actually had their fitting here but hadn't showed up yet.