Part sixteen.

2011

It had been a couple of days since Josh and I had moved back to our old apartment. Life was as it was before except this time we had King too. For about four days I had been feeling a little under the weather. I had a strong feeling I was pregnant but I shoved the idea down my thoughts. Josh and I couldn't afford to have another child.
After I walked Royalty to school, I strolled King to a chemist. I had to buy pregnancy tests just to make sure. When I got home, I gave King a bottle and put him to sleep.
After I took the tests I placed all three tests on a small chair in the bathroom, with the results facing the base of the chair.
I went to the kitchen to make some food for lunch and dinner as well. If the tests are positive I don't think I'll be able to cook. After I had my late breakfast I cleaned the plates I used and went back to the bathroom. When I checked the first test it read positive and so did the second and the third one. I was crushed. My heart broke instantly. All I could think of was how I was going to tell Josh.
I had three hours of sleep after the pregnancy readings. As I slept I hoped to wake up to find that all that had happened was a dream.
I woke up to Kings crying and screaming with the pregnancy tests on my cabinet. It wasn't a dream. When the clock hit 12, I carried King with me to pick his sister up.

"How would you feel about having another baby brother.... Or sister? "I asked Royalty as we walked back to the apartment.

"Are you having another baby! "Royalty asked me with so much excitement in her tone and her face.

When I saw her happiness, I don't know what drove me to tell her that I was having a baby. "I hope hope hope its a girl! "Royalty told me and crossed two of her fingers on each hand. I just chuckled. With all the problems we were facing maybe a baby wouldn't be such a bad idea.
When we got home I gave Royalty her lunch. During the whole meal all she could talk about was the baby. How she'd do this and that with him or her.

"Look sweetie.... I know you're excited but you can't keep talking about the baby especially when your father comes home. Maybe the baby won't make to our home. "I told Royalty not really knowing what the fuck I was saying. She looked at me obviously confused.

"What do you mean the baby might not make it to our home? "Royalty asked me and stopped eating.

"Well.... Uhm.... Sometimes mummy's get unlucky..... They lose the baby and so the baby doesn't get to live with them. "I explained to Royalty in hopes that she'll understand.

"How can lose a baby?.... What?someone steals it? "Royalty asked me.
I honestly didn't know how to explain abortion to a seven year old.

"Its hard to explain okay..... Just don't tell your father. "I told Royalty and went to the room because I had to attend to King who was crying.

When Josh finally came home he was in a mood. One of the worst one's yet. Work was probably really bad. Josh and I usually had dinner together when he came back. Most of the times the kids were knocked out by the time Josh was back. Today he was even more late than usual. Royalty wanted to wait up on him but she fell asleep.

"Work must have been shitty huh? "I asked Josh as I watched him eat his dinner.

"Not really..... I'm just really really tired. "Josh told me and pushed his plate of food away. "Sorry but I'm not hungry. "Josh told me.

"Its fine.... Do you want to take a bath? "I asked him.

"Together? "He asked me.

"Yah.... I really need to talk to you. "I told him making his eyes pop out.

"Is it something bad..... That statement always means you have bad news or I did something wrong. Did I do something wrong? "Josh asked me and chuckled.

"No you haven't done anything wrong. I just have to tell you something.... I don't know how you'll feel about it though."I told Josh and chuckled as well.
When we were finally in the tub together I knew it was high time Josh knew.
"Uhm so..... I don't even know how to tell you this. "I started to tell Josh but went mute when emotions strangled my throat.

"Babe what is it? "Josh asked me worriedly.

"Uhm.... "I tried again but this time tears rushed down my face.

"Baby what's wrong? "Josh asked me again and pulled me closer to him.

"I'm pregnant. "I finally told Josh.

"For real?..... Did you take any tests or you're just assuming? "Josh asked me.

"That doesn't matter.... I'll get an abortion. "I told him.

"No what the fuck.... Why would you do that? "Josh asked me getting angry.

"We can't afford a baby right now and you're stressed out enough because of work.... I don't want to burden you even more. "I told Josh and wiped the tears off my face. Josh proceeded to hold my hands in his.

"No matter how hard life gets I'd never make you or let you do something like that. "Josh told me. "To be honest I'm excited that we're having another baby. "Josh told me and smiled. His response gave me relief and joy.

"I thought you'd be mad. "I told him now smiling.

"Nah...... I'm happy. I know we're broke and all but we always make it through any situation..... I'm definitely going to make a countdown for our baby. "Josh told me. He was really happy. Instead of the news being a burden to Josh it brought joy. That moment filled my whole heart with joy. I could feel just how much Josh loved me. We were going through the worst conditions ever but Josh kept our light bright. Our lives weren't perfect but I'd rather die in this moment than die a puppet of my parents.

The next morning Josh took, me, Royalty and King for brunch at a restaurant he worked at. Josh was really happy and so was Royalty. We deserve this happiness.
For the whole day we were all together enjoying our family time.
Josh was off work and Royalty had a day off school because the school was undergoing some renovations.
I'm so happy that my unborn child is bringing such joy to our family already.

"So what do you want to name him or her. "Josh asked me when we sitting on a bench at a community park. Royalty was playing with her little brother in the sand with the little toys they had.

"Uhm...... If its a boy........ Maybe Prince. "I told Josh. After my name suggestion Josh laughed at me. "What? "I asked Josh in confusion.

"Nothing nothing. "Josh told me and stopped laughing. "What if its a girl? "He asked me.

"Majesty. "I told Josh.

"Royalty, King and Prince...... Royalty, King and Majesty. "Josh said out loud. "Okay....... I'd say.... If its a boy.... Joshua..... And if its a girl.... Leigh. "Josh told me.

"Why Leigh? "I asked in curiosity.

"That was my grandmothers name..... She was the best..... I literally grew up wishing she'd be my mum. "Josh told me.

"Firstly..... We're not having any Juniors to you and secondly why are we breaking the chain? "I asked Josh.

"Just felt like it was high time we went a different direction. "Josh told me. "It will be hella corny to have all our kids in the same name lane." Josh added.

"Are you sure we'll be fine with another baby?"I asked Josh.

"I'm no fortune teller but I think nine months is enough to have us prepared." Josh replied.

After the park the four of us went home. After dinner,the kids fell asleep. Josh and I sat in our rusty old couch talking about our future. We shared our hopes and dreams.