• Chapter 12 •

A visit from an old acquaintance

☆ ☆ ☆

Fred Weasley was enamoured by the sleeping boy.

Ever since Nicolai had begun staying with the Weasley's, the ginger had made it his mission to wake up early just so that he could wake his little crush up. And, whilst he realised that it might seem like a little 'much' in the eyes of everyone else, he didn't care.

Fred couldn't care less what everyone else thought of his actions, as long as he got to be the only person to see Nicolai's bedhead and weird sleeping positions, as long as he was the only person to hear his croaky morning voice before the boy cleared his throat and had some water.

'Merlin, Ive got it bad, havent I?'

This morning wasn't any different, however, due to them now being together, when Fred had had to shrug off a blush from his twin brothers sly comments on "waking sleeping beauty up with true loves kiss", the older twin didn't really bother thinking about how appealing that idea would be until this very second.

Nicolai almost looked like a starfish with how his limbs were sprawled across the messy bed: feet sticking out of the burgundy sheets and one arm dangling over the side, the other clumsily tucked under his head.

His slightly to long, curly, brown hair seemed to point in every direction and all Fred wanted was to play with it. Instead, they boy had decided to (somewhat) take his brother advice.

He leant down to hover over Nicolai, his arms wresting on either side of the boy's tilted head. Fred swallowed harshly at the closeness of their bodies and faces before moving to kiss Nicolai's cheek as a cute little way of waking the boy up, a 'good morning' kiss of sorts.

What the ginger hadn't anticipated though, was Nicolai turning his head to face upwards at the very moment, their mouths accidently meeting.

Nicolai woke up just as Fred pulling back in surprise, but the smaller boy only smiled softly at the boy above him, clearly amused by his flustered attempts at explaining himself. Said boy only stopped his rambling when the brunette broke out into adorable giggles, his heart fluttering in admiration.

"I could definitely get used to that." Nicolai murmured under his breath, just loud enough for Fred to hear.

In retaliation to that comment, the ginger surged forward to connect their lips in a real kiss this time.

☆ ☆ ☆

When Nicolai had invited Draco Malfoy round for tea and biscuits (specifically the gingerbread ones he and Fred had made the night before), he wasn't quite sure how everyone else would react.

Obviously, he had asked Molly and Arthur beforehand, and they had given him their consent to do so, but Nicolai had tried to believe that they would at least attempt to treat Draco the same way they treated him.

Whet the brunette had not expected, however, was this:

With him being cuddled up in Fred's arms and Fred refusing to let him go, Nicolai had asked Harry to get the door for him upon Draco's arrival.

However, the two boys had been stuck at the door for about a minute now, both very obviously checking each other out.

"Bloody hell, they're looking at each other like they just realised what love is," Nicolai mumbled, clearly bemused by the display in front of him.

"Yeah, they should just snog already." Fred agreed whilst chuckling. Only to be interrupted by Ron rolling his eyes.

"Thats' a bit hypocritical of you two, dont you think?" Was the smug reply that shut the couple up and caused Hermione, Ginny and George to cackle.