Squid Game Chapter: Thank You For Playing

"𝙂𝙚𝙩 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙬𝙤"
The women's voice on the monitor said.

Everyone was hesitant at first. But soon all started to get into partners quickly.

Athanasia looked out into the crowd.
She knows no one would want a girl to be on their team. Especially when they suspect her to be a spy from the north.

"Hey. . . Lets play together." Cassim. A young foreigner she had asked to join in the tug of war game last time. It seemed like it was him who was asking to play.

"Why." Athanasia asked.

"Because, I wanna play another game with you. I know we can win together if me and you team up, right? So come on. Be my partner." Cassim held his hand out, smiling at the blonde girl who looked down at his hand and pondered a little.

She responded by shaking his hand. Causing the boy to smile even more. It looked like he was a 3rd grader who just made a new friend.

Everyone got partnered up. They all received a bag full of marbles.

"𝙄𝙣 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙗𝙖𝙜, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 10 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙨. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡 20. 𝙒𝙝𝙤𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙡 20 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙨"

For some reason. It felt like time had stopped for Athanasia. She had to go against her partner. . . She didn't like that.

Cassim looked over to Athanasia, who looked just as shocked and sad about the news. He looked down to the bag of marbles and sighed. He didn't feel happy anymore.

The two decided to sit near the stairs. They talked.
"So, got anyone waiting at home?"
Cassim asked. As if they were not in a death game at the moment.

". . . I have a 5 year old daughter." Athanasia said. She felt like she shouldn't be telling her enemy about her personal life. But what was the use of keeping it a secret. They might die anyways.

"Oh. What's her name?" Cassim asked with a small smile. He looked very interested
"Estelle.her names Estelle." Athanasia stayed quiet. She had to stop being soft right now and start a game with Cassim so they can get this over with.

"Don't worry. We still have enough time to play a game later on. So for now let's talk." Cassim said. It was as if he read the blondes mind. Athanasia looked up to the clock and see they really did have a lot of time.

Athanasia looked back to Cassim
"How about you. Do you have anyone?"
She asked. Cassim thought for a second
"Hmm, nope. No one." He said leaning back to the wall.

"So, are your parents taking care of your daughter right now." Cassim quickly changed the subject.
Athanasia frowns a bit.
"No. My mother is dead, my father disowned me before Estelle was born. He doesn't even know she exists. I rather keep it that way. For now she's in a children's home" She said as she tried to keep her anger in. She never liked talking about her good for nothing father. Just the thought of that bastered made her want to kill all of these foolish adults in front of her. Playing games and still begging for their lives to be spared, even though they knew the consequences.

"Oh? Why did he disowned you." Cassim had gotten his back off the wall and leand to Athanasia. Athanasia mentally scoffed at the reason
"Because I reminded him too much of my mother. She died after giving birth. So after I came of age to live on my own. He kicked me out of his life. And chose a another child over his own"
Athanasia felt like she had said this story millions of times before. But this was the first time she was telling the story with someone actually listening.