Just like Pete and Kao

Happy Anniversary Dark Blue Kiss! 💙

-

"What's bothering you, Hin?"

Tay asked. New's currently driving them home, and that home means Tay's place, as the younger requested to do a sleepover since he doesn't want to go home to his empty apartment yet tonight.

"Are you still thinking about the scene earlier?"

Tay asked again. They just finished shooting the Dark Blue Kiss episode where the couple they represent, Pete and Kao, have to be separated in the hallway of their university. For an unexplainable reason, New's been acting weird since they ended the shoot and by the look of his face, Tay knew that he's overthinking. He is just not sure why?

"You did great and looked very convincing earlier. The director and staff even said that"

Tay said, assuming that it was the reason why New is acting this way. He knew him so well, he always wanted to do a good job.

"What would you do if you were Pete?"

New suddenly asked after stepping on the break, they're currently waiting for the traffic light to turn green.

"I am Pete"

Tay said, smiling, but New didn't smile back. The smile left Tay's face when he realized that New's not up for any jokes.

"Hey, are you okay?"

He asked, sounding concerned. The light turned green, so instead of answering, New focused his attention back to driving. They drove in silence until they reached home.

-

Once home, New immediately excused himself to take a shower. He told Tay that he is not hungry and really wants to just rest. Tay asked him again if he is sure he's okay, and he just nodded with a smile that didn't even reach his eyes. Tay confirmed that there is still a problem through that, New can't hide it when he is bothered or overthinking, but still Tay nodded as an agreement. He wanted to give New time and space. He will eventually tell him what bothers him when he is ready.

After showering, Tay found New already laying on his bed. His arm blocking his eyes. He knew he's still up, but decided to just shrug all the thoughts that bothers him for now.

He quietly lay beside New and rested his eyes on the ceiling when he heard the younger speak.

"Te..."

"Hmm?"

"Would you fight for Kao if you were Pete?"

New asked again. Tay's brows furrowed. He wondered why New was that concerned about the issue of Pete and Kao.

"Would you do something to get him back or just let him go, j—just like what Pete did?"

Tay can see the sadness in New's eyes even if he's not looking back at him, so instead of answering, he reached for New and pulled him into his embrace. New wraps his arms around Tay's waist.

"Pete loves Kao more than anyone else"

"He didn't believe in him"

"He just felt betrayed, he was mad"

"He knew Kao"

"That doesn't mean he has no right to feel betrayed"

"Was that even a good enough reason to leave him?"

"He didn't leave him"

"He did when Kao needs him the most"

Tay slightly pushed New and stared at the younger's face. New looked at him but eventually avoided his gaze, sitting up, back on the headboard. Tay followed his action.

"What if it happens to us?"

"What?"

Tay's brows furrowed. New's eyes remained on his fidgeting hands.

"We both easily got jealous and the fact that we'll be working on different projects after this, individually, doesn't help. What if what happened to Kao and Pete happens to us? What if we start to misunderstand each other out of jealousy? Will you fight for me?"

New asked, finally meeting Tay's eyes. New's face showed nothing but fear and worries. Tay just wanted to kiss him, but he knows it's not the right time for that. He reached for New's hand and intertwined it with his, rubbing the back of the younger's hand with his thumb.

"Do you remember Pete's promise to Kao?"

Tay asked, looking directly at New.

"That breaking up will never be an option for Pete"

Tay added. New stares at their intertwined hands, but Tay placed both of his hands to New's cheek, making him look at him, their faces just a few inches apart.

"That will be the same for us"

"But—"

"Pete didn't leave Kao. He just needs time. He needed breathing, he left because he wanted to think and understand the situation more. We all need that. Especially when the most important things that we wanted to protect  are starting to collapse. We got scared and isn't that always our initial reaction? But later on, we both know that they'll both find their way back to each other. Pete will fight for Kao and Kao will do the same for Pete"

Tay said, rubbing New's cheeks. The younger one seemed to calm down with what he said and did.

"We'll be working separately and have a jealous ass, but we love each other, don't we? We— we'll fight for us"

Tay assured, a smile slowly formed on New's lip before he leaned in to kiss Tay.

"I love you, Te"

New said. Tay smiles and returns New's kiss..

"I love you too, Hin"

He said, resting New's forehead to his.

"Is that why you look so down earlier? Are you worried because of that?"

Tay asked and New nodded, which caused a chuckle from Tay. New slightly punched him and pouted.

"I got so scared earlier when we were shooting. It felt real. I suddenly thought about the two of us in Pete and Kao's situation, and I suddenly didn't know what to do. I can't imagine losing you, Te"

"You will never lose me, Hin"

Tay said, pulling New to him as he tucked both of them in bed, New's head resting on Tay's chest.

"We will argue, will have misunderstanding, but we'll always find our way towards each other, always"

Tay said, rubbing New's back.

"Just like Pete and Kao?"

New asked.

"Just like Pete and Kao."

Tay confirmed, leaving a peck on New's forehead. The latter then tightens his arms on Tay's waist. A content smile resting on both of their faces.