Chapter 3 | Worthy

The castle was in sight now. Gon could feel his nerves buzzing in anticipation, aching to face his foe. He could hardly stop himself from running head first into the teeth of the dragon. But he knew, he had to be careful. Charging in would do him no favors.

"I'm going to distract the Dragonite." Gon told Leorio. "You go ahead and get the princess, alright?"

"Wait! Hold on! What if the princess needs a true love's kiss?" Leorio asked.

"Then just carry her unconscious body." Gon answered simply. "Easy as that. Or you could kiss her. Quite frankly, I don't care."

"Alright alright." Leorio nodded. "So where is she, anyways?"

"Go to the tallest tower." Gon shrugged.

They split ways after that. Gon went right through the front gates, into the massive main halls of the centuries old castle. Gon wondered how such a grand, extravagant, and massive structure could have been built by a less advanced society. The halls were tall, wide, and large enough to fit a-

A dragon.

Blonde hair, traditional tribal clothing, and jewelry adorning everything it could wrap around. Nails sharp like daggers, gray eyes piercing as arrows. Slender, poised, confident. It was in human form, but there was no mistaking it.

The beauty of a Dragonite never ceased to take Gon's breath away.

"Hello there." Gon grinned, holding his hands out to the side and bowing his head. "You wouldn't happen too know where I could find a young princess, no? Such a big castle. It'd take me hours to search the whole place. Beautiful, though. Nicely built."

The Dragonite stared him down. It was then Gon noticed the tea cup in its hand. They must be taken aback by Gon's sudden appearance during its leisurely time.

"You're here for the princess?" The Dragonite asked. "That's a shame. If you would, just wait here a second-"

The Dragonite left Gon's sight for a moment, leaving him confused. But Gon waited. He was buying time for Leorio, afterall. The Dragonite then returned, the teacup no longer in their possession.

"That's better." It sighed. "Now, where were we?"

Before Gon's eyes, the Dragonite's human body began to morph. Pale skin turned scarlet red and scaly. Nubs protruding from its back began to shape into a massive, daunting wingspan. Its fingernails became talons, each several feet long. From its once petite face a snout formed, teeth turning to fangs.

In front of him now, was a dragon of immense size and power. It towered over him as if he were an insect. Gon couldn't lie, it was terrifying.

He loved it.

Gon drew his broadsword, and fastened his helmet. It was going to be a wild ride. The odds were not in his favor, and he liked it that way.

Leorio panted, leaning on the railing of the winding staircase. "Go to the tallest tower." He mocked Gon's voice.

He huffed and he puffed and he carried on up the steps. Eventually, he came across a door. Decorated, and much newer than the rest of the castle. Leorio knocked first, because he's not a rude asshole who just barges into a lady's room without her permission.

"Why the fuck are you knocking-" The door opened, and Leorio was greeted by a beautiful young "woman". Their eyes widened, and they quickly slammed the door shut. "Fuck." They cursed on the other side of the door.

Quickly, the prince grabbed a few dying flowers from a vase and jumped into his bed. They threw the covers over themselves and lay there with their hands holding the flowers over their stomach.