The first steps

"How's it goin'?" I hear Toeralyii ask.

"Not good!" I squeak.

"What's wrong!?!" She asks, concern in her voice.

"It's just..." I say hesitating.

"Yeah?" She says.

"I really miss Cheese!" I say looking over my shoulder.

"Don't worry, he'll return sooner or later." She says trying to make me feel better.

I nod staring off thinking about what if he does return? When will it be? But most importantly, what if he doesn't come back? I try not to think much of it, for it worries me too much!

"So? You wanna go to Willow Forest?" She says wiggling her tail back and forth.

Ever since Cheese went missing, I have been in a bad mood. I won't go anywhere, I won't eat much but a few seeds every couple of days, and I won't attend any mouse-meetings!

"Umm. I..." I say trailing off. "I think I have a better idea!"

"What?" She says standing on the edge of her claws.

"We should go look for Cheese!" I suggest.

"WHAT!?! Are you CRAZY!?!" She says, her eyes widening.

"No. I'm serious." I say.

"Precious. I know you care about him, but are you really going to risk your life searching for him?" She says calming down.

"..." I don't answer her for a bit, but then I make up my mind, I slowly nod my tiny head. And at that moment, I knew what we were going to do!

"Well. We are going to have to pack up and get a goodnight sleep for the morning. We need food, water, and protection." She says not believing what she had just said.

"Ok." I turn to run away.

"Where do you think you are going?" She asks, curiously.

"To tell Angel to get ready for the trip." I say with "duh" in my voice.

"Oh." She says.

And with that I ran off to get ready to start our adventure!