Chapter 6

I'd never dreamed of love. I simply thought it wouldn't happen to me. But there he is. Sitting on my couch staring intently at the TV. My legs draped over his and in that moment I saw it. I saw everything I've ever seen in movies and dreams come true. It was this feeling deep down in my chest, this ache for more. Like the butterflies didn't just reside in my stomach, they flew throughout my entire body. "What?" He grins, catching me staring at him. I love you. I want to say this so bad it hurts, but instead I say "you're adorable." Giving me a peck on the nose, he grabs my hand and pulls it close to his heart. "My heart will always be yours Charlie." And just like that he makes me want the Nicholas Sparks love story minus the major tragic parts. They say no love is ever the same and I believe that is one hundred percent accurate. You can never have the same feelings for two different people. For West, he was more of "take care of you" love. I always wanted him to be okay; his happiness was what I strove for. With Justin it was almost like I wanted all of the loves there could possibly be. The thought of life without him made me want to vomit.

*******
"Have you ever been in love?" Justin asks while we're sitting in the sand aside the ocean in his backyard. "No, not previously. How about you?" I question. He shook his head but then pursed his lips and glanced into the sand. Slowly he traced "Charlie, I love you." He looked up at me and said those words. So simple yet those three words had so much power. "I love you," I manage to choke out. For the first time I'm not running away. Im sitting there with my eyes locked into his. He's so beautiful and he's all mine and I love him. I love him. I do, I love him goddammit. The me a year would not have seen this coming, hell I don't think a fortune teller could've predicted this. I guess this is the feeling everyone hates, yet can't get enough of. The fact is I'm scared now. What will I do on the day where Justin doesn't love me anymore and tells me so? How will I sew my heart back together? All of this is racing through my mind while I stare at him and smile. He's going to kill me.