Chapter 4

He just stared at me. It was almost like he had no idea what I was talking about. Or maybe he did, it was just this blank stare. "I'm gonna go to the restroom, I'll be right back!" My mom knew what was happening and quickly ducked out. "West I'm so sorry. It was a shitty thing for me to do to you and I regret doing it everyday. Please just say something?" He looked down for a second and then whispered "How could you? I loved you more than anything and you just walked out of my life. The worst part was how easy you made it look." He paused for a moment and then recollected himself. "I'm over it now," he looked me in the eyes "I'm over you. I will always care about you no matter what happens. Have a good life Charlie Marie. I wish the best for you." As he said that he got up and just walked out. Like I had to him only a year ago. By then, the pizza was gone and I was done.

****

Waking up, I pushed last night from my mind and continued on like nothing happened. "Shit!" I sputtered checking the time. It was 11:30 and I had to meet Justin at 12! Cursing, I ran to my bathroom and jumped into the shower. That took me 10 minutes to wash my hair and get out if the shower. 11:40. I ran into my room and put on a strapless bra with black lace underwear to go with my black jumper. I shoved my Marbel cigarettes into my pocket and slipped on flipflops. 11:50. I brushed my hair and teeth and grabbed my phone. It took me like 5 minutes to arrive at the boat dock, when I got there I saw Justin with a cigarette in his mouth leaning up against the rail. "Hey," he said turning around. I waved and stood beside him. "So where did you go yesterday?" I asked. He inhaled and exhaled the smoke and then he replied "I had family business to take care of." I nodded to his response and turned my head and stared at the water. "So Charlie, may I know your full name? It's very hard to explain to your parents about the beautiful girl I met without knowing her name." He winked and put on a big grin. I tried not to blush and replied with "Charlie Marie Richards, if you must know." I grabbed a cigarette out of the box and lit it. "Very beautiful, like you." I chuckled "You're good at sucking up." He smiled and tossed the remainder of his cigarette on the dock and crushed it with his foot. Today he was wearing khaki shorts, Nike tennis shoes and a black tee shirt. Of course he looked absolutely gorgeous; thinking about him made my cheeks turn bright red. He noticed and replied with "Why are you blushing?" Shit "Uh. Um. Yeah." I choked out stuttering and stammering. He raised one eyebrow and his smile disappeared. "I want to see you. Out of here. Dinners, movies, whatever you'd like. please?" I was shocked to hear that can't of statement, question, whatever that was. I nodded and leaned into him. I could smell his cologne. Old Spice. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. What was this? What am I doing? I've known him for two days and here I am snuggled up next to him. "Charlie?" He interrupted me from my exhausting train of thought. "Yes?" I wonder "I feel like I've known you my whole life," "I do too." I didn't mean to say it, but it pours out of my mouth. Here I am feeling again. Feeling something so strong I thought I'd never feel. "I want you. Tell me your story."