Chapter 22

Chapter 22.1 – Author: In YY novels, lilies can be straightened

(Note: Du Ze is an otaku and he uses anime terms a lot. Yuri (百合) means “lily.”)

Xiu did not dislike the skin-to-skin contact. That person’s body was soft and it made the undead’s perpetually cold skin feel like it was warming up.

That smell …

Xiu hesitated for just a moment before stretching out a finger to feel Du Ze’s breath. As Du Ze exhaled, Xiu’s fingers were wrapped in hot and moist air, but underneath it was the cold and cloudy breath of the undead.

Du Ze was awakened by Xiu’s movements. The black-haired youth opened his eyes, confused, but did not raise his head right away. His right hand quickly and skillfully hunted around until he found his glasses. When Du Ze put on the glasses, he raised his head and saw that Xiu was awake. He felt like a fool, and at that moment he saw the final outcome.1

The novel said that the protagonist would be in a coma for five days. Why did he wake up after just four days?!

The bitter reader wanted to weep, yet lacked the tears. When the demon sister led them to Belial city, Du Ze was finally able to eat and sleep. He naively believed that all of his hardships were over and waited for a better future. Then the curse’s “imprinting on the first thing it sees, like a baby chick” problem struck Du Ze with a vengeance.2

The cold curse wasn’t stopped by the 0-point restore!

The cold curse’s method is this: the caster calls a demon to enter the specified target body, and the very cold Yin spirit will make the accursed person feel cold from his or her soul. Because it is acting on the soul, it is useless to try to defeat the cold by wearing more clothes. The use of fire elements won’t help either. As far as people can see, the body temperature of the accursed person is not abnormal when felt externally. The curse doesn’t damage the physical body; it is purely a spiritual torment. Since the cause of the curse is the Yin spirit, if the spirit is destroyed or leaves the accursed, the curse will disappear. In “Mixed Blood,” the protagonist easily sucked out the spirit from Alice’s body.

That was why Du Ze’s fate was quite tragic. He had never seen such a cute fool of a Yin spirit. He had expected to be able to get rid of the curse when his 0-point restore ability activated, but restore can’t stop the Yin spirit’s actions. At midnight Du Ze was restored to his normal state. The Yin spirit in his body was cast out and the cute spirit looked around with wide eyes. The first time he saw the Yin spirit, Du Ze was interested in the white shadow’s crying expression. But then the spirit looked around blankly and suddenly ran back to Du Ze’s body, chirping like a baby chick.

Du Ze: …

Your mom’s eggs! Why are you trying to act cute? Your master is gone, I’m begging you to pursue freedom, boy!

Du Ze endured the extreme cold until the next midnight when the spirit was squeezed out. When the spirit was still disoriented and couldn’t understand why it was expelled, Du Ze turned to run but again was attacked by the bear child (the naughty spirit). On the third day, judging from its expression, Du Ze thought that the spirit was about to cry. Du Ze almost cried himself. No matter how many creatures were around, the Yin spirit only recognized Du Ze; it refused to possess anyone who wasn’t Du Ze.

Violet wanted to help but couldn’t. Belial City had no experts in undead magic, otherwise the blood poison plague wouldn’t have caused such devastation in their territory and they wouldn’t have had to search for a cure for it. Du Ze wanted to cry; he could only put his hope on Xiu who was still in a coma. Right now Du Ze saw that Xiu’s eyes are green – which means that he is a life-saving medicine and a human-shaped hot water bottle for Du Ze.