Chapter 50

Chapter 50.1 – Reader: That’s good.

Because of his family’s glamorous and aloof “God”s Envoy,” the Pope became so worried that he felt like his hair was going to turn white.

On the day that demons came to pick up their king, when the Pope saw that Du Ze seemed to want to go with them, the Pope decisively knocked him out and brought the God’s Messenger to the Temple of Light. He wonders if this is why the God’s Envoy has been silent with a cold expression on his face ever since he woke up; he hasn’t spoken to anybody. In any case, it seems impossible to please God’s Messenger. These past few days the Pope has been trying to find out what Du Ze likes, but every attempt has failed.

If Du Ze were to learn of the Pope’s situation, he would surely advise the Pope to stop trying since @myboss is the best.

Du Ze spent his days wandering all over the Temple of Light. Some silly, cute person thought that it would useful to know the layout of the place and map out possible escape routes for when the Moe Lord strikes back at the Temple.

In the Temple of Light, people were singing praises about him and talking incessantly about the powerful and domineering God’s Messenger. Even the small feathered animal on the God’s Messenger’s head was called powerful and domineering.1 Nonetheless, Du Ze was able to get a piece of valuable information: We don’t know when Bright, the god of Light, will favor you with a meeting, therefore stay in the Temple of Light and wait for a sign. If you need anything, you can ask the servants for it.

… This young man should reply “Thanks to the Bright god for his grace.”2

After his escape attempts were all foiled, Du Ze began to wonder why the god of light was looking for him. The reader felt like he was just an NPC mascot for the Temple of Light. A bunch of people tried to raise their favorability rating with him by offering him gifts and some people even wanted to please the fat chirp on his head by trying to feed it – What sort of loot do you expect to drop here? Stupid human beings, this young man’s moral standards have already fallen! That fat chirp will only shed its fluff, not its moral integrity!3

A few days later, because of the silly, cute person’s social barrier, no one dares to disturb the cold and lofty God’s Envoy. Du Ze counted on his fingers; today is the fifth day of his separation from the Moe Lord. Xiu, having transformed twice, should be in a coma for around 10 days. On that day, Xiu was carried off by the Thunder Regiment. In “Mixed Blood,” those demon soldiers were loyal to the demon god Baal and their chief was called Rachel. The Thunder Regiment’s leader was a die-hard Baal worshipper. Because Xiu was Baal’s descendant, Rachel led the Thunder Regiment in becoming Xiu’s followers. After that, they began preparations to attack the Sky City.

Even if the timing is wrong, the plot’s trajectory is strikingly similar.

Du Ze was lost in thought for a moment. The story’s plot has progressed to this point? Suddenly, Du Ze realized that he will not be able to use spoilers to his advantage anymore. When Xiu wakes up, he can get Rachel’s support and become king of the demon race. Obviously, this means he won’t have to go to the reverse side of the continent to dominate the 72 demon cities. Now the plot has advanced so far that only the “Sky City” story arc is left, but in “Mixed Blood” Xiu attacked the Sky City in order to save Ariel. This time, Xiu has no reason to attack the Sky City.4

– I know a lot, you can use me.

Du Ze stopped walking and his eyes flashed with helplessness.

Has he been useless to the Moe Lord?

“… God’s Messenger!”

A voice interrupted Du Ze’s thoughts. He looked up and found that two of the Knights of the Temple were restraining a priest who seemed to be under arrest. The two knights greeted Du Ze courteously. The priest they were holding was the one who had called out to Du Ze, and the prisoner looked at Du Ze as though he was his last hope.