Chapter 61

Chapter 61 – Protagonist: I will kill my former self.

The beast god was holding a blood-stained sword in his hand. He is the beastkin’s god of war. His burly body looked both dignified and noble, each muscle full of strength as though even a casual movement would be able to flatten the entire tribe.

The beastkin eagerly looked up at their war god. The god raised his sword and shouted: “For the beastkin!”

The beastkin roared: “For the war god!”

“For the beastkin!”

“For the war god!”

The beastkin’s spirits were kindled as they howled, expressing the passion in their hearts. A red dot appeared on the beast god’s sword and split into many streams of red that swept over the beastkin. This was the war god’s blessing.

Xiu looked up the sky at the beastkin god. His eyes were a dark blue color, like deep pools that could swallow everything.

The god suddenly became aware of a threat and looked to the west, blazing with anger.

There was a chill in the western sky. Suddenly, a black-haired man in dark armor appeared. His body exuded terror and everyone present could feel the power surging from that person’s body. Seeing the newcomer, the beastkin god was astonished and called out to him: “War God!”

“I finally found you, beastkin god of war.” The human war god was hovering in mid-air with his arms folded. “It took too much time to find you barbarians.”

The human god was staring at the beastkin god; the corners of his mouth curved up in a sneer: “You are the last.”

“What have you done to the other beastkin gods?!” the beastkin war god roared, not liking the human god’s sneer.

“You will soon be able to accompany them to see your Lord God.” The human war god said disdainfully: “You offended the god of light, do you really think you can escape?”

Behind the human god of war, a large number of human soldiers poured out of the night. Many knights and priests of the temple of light were with them. Standing in the beastkin village, Du Ze was shocked to see Eric. The son of god stood in the forefront of the knights; he was obviously the leader of the army that had come here to fight the beastkin.

Xiu held on tightly to Du ze’s hand, silently staring at Eric.

The beastkin god of war watched them arrive and said scornfully: “The god of light’s lackeys!”

The human god’s face was livid. He pulled out his weapon1 and pointed it at the beastkin: “Don’t let any of these barbarians escape!”

“Kill them all!”

As the human army attacked, the beastkin god of war raised his sword and attacked the human war god: “For the glory of the beastkin, we must make our enemies pay with their own blood!”

“Make them pay with blood! Blood for blood!”

The beastkin roared in response the two armies clashed. The priests cast a spell to bless the soldiers. Although the average level of the humans was not as high as the beastkin, the humans have better, more sophisticated equipment compared to the beastkin’s pitifully simple weapons and animal skins. At the altar, Nina began to sing loudly and the other shamans joined in the chorus. The song was forceful and filled with an intense killing intent, like a general leading his army to the killing fields.

The beastkin do not have magic, but they have a battle hymn that can bring out the beastkin’s potential and make them enter a berserk state. A berserk beastkin warriors is tireless and inured to pain; his agility and strength improve and some can become an unstoppable killing machine.