Prologue

To be...or not to be. That's the question. Pretending to be someone that you're not is somewhat okay...when you're an actor or actress playing the part in a musical or a play at the Beck Center or Playhouse Square. But when it comes to pretending to be a prince when it's really you...that's another story, and the truth is uncovered.

In my past life as Mirai (Mary) Sakamoto Barker, I uncovered the truth about the beggar woman in the bakehouse...that she was Lucy Barker, Benjamin Barker's long lost wife...that Mrs. Nellie Lovett lied to cover up that she lived. I pointed it out to Sweeney Todd and Jillian who realized it. The barber was furious at Mrs. Lovett for lying to him about Lucy, and I figured out that she wanted him all to herself. So without hesitation, Sweeney threw her inside the oven, locked the door and left her there to burn to death. That's how my fear of fire and ovens started when I regained my past memories.

Every part of us is desperate for answers to some questions...longing for the truth to be heard. As Yeshua tells us from in the New Testament: "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." I took the truth to heart and when I look at someone suspiciously in the eye...I can tell when they are lying. A lie keeps growing and growing till it spreads like a wildfire. But when the truth snuffs out the lie, all is good in the world.

Be careful what you wish for, they would say. When you wish for something, don't make it selfish, think about others rather than yourself. That's how I see things. Make the wish special when you see a star at night. That's what my four year old self did before I would go to bed. I would see my dad in my dreams when I'm sleeping. He died in a motorcycle accident when he was hurrying to see my mom give birth to me. Dad never got the chance to see me grow up, but I know he is in my heart. That's how my mom and I have a very close bond; I have my mom's features, my dad's curly textured raven hair, and my dad's blue eyes. Anyways, enough about me. The story I am about to tell you started 2 days after Halloween, and after I regained my memories as Mirai "Mary" Sakamoto Barker.

I saw a magic lamp on my nightstand as I was going up to bed for the night, after taking a shower. I looked at it curiously and rubbed it to see what would happen. After that, I fell asleep while the magic lamp transported me somewhere else...