Happy Ending

"Jasmine, I'm sorry for lying to you about being a prince." Aladdin sadly apologized to Jasmine.

"I know why you did." Jasmine sadly said, compassionately.

"Well, I guess...this is goodbye?" Aladdin asked, dejected.

"Oh, that stupid law! This isn't fair! I love you." Jasmine hated that law and loved Aladdin for him.

"Like I said before, you deserve each other...that's what matters the most!" My mom chimed in, winking at both of them.

My dad hugged Rani and so did uncle Joshua.

"Rani, that was dangerous...but I'm so proud of you for getting Daddy's scepter back!" Uncle Joshua hugged Rani.

"You were amazing!!" My dad chuckled lovingly.

"Al, no problem. You've still got one wish left. Just say the word and you're a prince again." The genie had been listening in on the couples' conversation.

"But, Genie, what about your freedom?" Aladdin asked.

"Hey, it's only an eternity of servitude. This is love. Al, you're not gonna find another girl like her in a million years. Believe me, I know. I've looked." The genie reminded.

My dad smiled at my mom who smiled back. I fawned at that as I snuggled on to Sweeney's lap. He leaned in to kiss my cheek.

"I do love you, but I got to stop pretending to be something I'm not." Aladdin reasoned.

"I understand." Jasmine compassionately nodded.

"Genie, I wish for your freedom." Aladdin turned to the genie now.

"One bonafide prince pedigree coming up. What?" The genie was about to transform Aladdin into a prince again but stopped confused.

"Genie, you're free!" Aladdin proclaimed.

Magic swirled around the genie and the golden cuffs disappeared as we all looked in awe.

"I'm free. I'm free. Quick. Quick. Wish for something outrageous. Say, "I want the Nile." Try that." Genie encouraged.

"Uh, I wish for the Nile." Aladdin wished confused.

"NO WAY!!" The genie yelled and then laughed; bringing flashing lights that made us happy and joyful. "Oh, does that feel good! Oh! I'm free! I'm free at last! I'm hittin' the road. I'm off to see the world. I'm..."

The genie looked at Aladdin.

"Genie...I'm... I'm gonna miss you." Aladdin confessed. They both hugged.

"Me too, Al." The genie sniffled. "No matter what anybody says, you'll always be a prince to me."

"That's right. You've certainly proven your worth as far as I'm concerned. It's that law that's the problem." The sultan calculated.

"Father?" Jasmine asked confused.

"Well, am I Sultan or am I Sultan?" The sultan chuckled.

"You are, sir." Sweeney regarded the sultan nodding.

"From this day forth, the princess shall marry whomever she deems worthy." The sultan decreed.

Me and my cousins cheered excitedly. The former law was no more and we were happy for Jasmine and Aladdin.

"Him, I choose!" Jasmine ran towards Aladdin and he twirled her around in his arms. "I choose you, Aladdin."

"Call me Al." Aladdin said affectionately. They both leaned in for a kiss.

"Oh, all of ya, come over here. Big group hug. Group hug. Mind if I kiss the monkey? Ooh, hairball. Well, I can't do any more damage around this Popsicle stand. I'm outta here! Bye-bye, you two crazy lovebirds! Hey, Rugman, ciao. I'm history. No, I'm mythology. I don't care what I am. I'm free!" The genie gave us all a group hug and he flew into the skies. We all waved goodbye to the genie as he set off on a new adventure.

And the lesson of the story is; be true to yourself and your heart and those two things will set you free.