One Jump Ahead

I woke up in the marketplace in an Arabian city called Agrabah. I looked at my surroundings now as I looked for anyone who could help find my loved ones. My four year old self wandered around the marketplace looking for my mom. Then all of a sudden, I saw a boy of about 18 with tan skin, a mullet full of black hair and brown eyes being chased by palace guards, and he had stolen a loaf of bread. I felt my mom carry me now as she was being chased too. The boy had street clothes on, purple sleeveless vest and white ragged pants because he was an urchin...a poor boy. It didn't matter what was outside of him, but all that mattered was the boy's heart. I was taught at a very young age to help those in need; specifically by my uncle Joshua and my mom. They both raised me well.

"STOP, THIEF!!" I heard the head guard shout. From the looks of this, it wasn't pleasant.

"Who's that, Mommy?" I asked.

"That's the head of the Royal Guard, Razoul." She explained.

My mom is a pretty woman with Japanese and Canadian descent with long raven hair and brown eyes.

"I'll have your HANDS FOR A TROPHY, STREET RAT!!!" Razoul roared.

"All this for a loaf of bread?" The boy asked. Then he slid down the clothesline with us behind him.

"Hold on tight, baby girl." My mom told me and I nodded, my little arms wrapping around my mom's neck. All three of us were buried in a pile of clothes and a polka dotted pear of boxers.

"There he is!" One guard yelled.

"You won't get away so easy!" The other guard yelled.

"You think that was easy?" Aladdin asked awkwardly. There were three women laughing now.

"You two, over that way, and you with me. We'll find him!" Razoul instructed his guards.

"Morning, ladies!" The boy greeted.

"Getting into trouble a little early today...aren't we, Aladdin?" One of the women asked.

So Aladdin is his name...I thought while I'm my mom's arms.

"Trouble? No way! You're only in trouble if you get caught—-" Aladdin said.

He was caught by Razoul now!!

"GOTCHA!!!"

"I'm in trouble...!" Aladdin chimed.

"And THIS time...!"

Suddenly, a monkey jumped on top of the guard and blinded his eyes. I giggled.

"Perfect timing, Abu! As usual!" Aladdin smiled at his pet monkey.

"Hello!" Abu chirped.

"Come on, let's get outta here!" Aladdin called to us and Abu.

"You've got it, kiddo." My mom smiled as we all distracted the guards.

Gotta keep, one jump
Ahead of the bread line
One swing, ahead of the sword
I steal only what I can't afford
That's everything!

Aladdin was fighting a guard and missing the sword and going up to a platform, all while kicking a barrel towards the guards like bowling pins.

One jump, ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke!

The guards were hurling food and spears and insults at the boy. Mom and I dodged the food being thrown.

Riff-Raff! Street rat!
Scoundrel! Take that!!

Just a little snack guys!

The guards were shaking the platform; I was this close to falling but my mom held on tightly to me.

Rip him open, take it back, guys!

I can take a hint, gotta face the facts
You're my only friend, Abu!

There were young women who were wearing Arabian clothes and showing their bellies while going hip to hip with Aladdin. Abu took all the fruits and stuffed his face. I covered my eyes with my mom's hand; knowing I was too young for that sort of thing.

Who?! Oh, it's sad Aladdin's hit the bottom
He's become a one man rise in crime!

There was one lady with a broom and she looked absolutely ticked off.

I'd blame parents except he hasn't got 'em!

We all exited the brothel now and we sped past a muscle man.

Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat
Tell you all about it when I got the time
One jump, ahead of the slowpokes
One skip, ahead of my doom
Next time gonna use a nom de plume!

The guards were chasing us every which way.

One jump, ahead of the hitmen
One hit, ahead of the flock
I think I'll take a stroll around the block

There was one large guard on top of a man on a bed and Abu disguised himself among the vendors.

Stop, thief! Vandal!

Abu! Aladdin chided as he pulled the monkey out of there and the blue beads broke.

Scandal!

We were all surrounded by guards with swords brandished.

Let's not be too hasty!

A large woman came out from her house and snuggled him.

Still I think he's rather tasty!

Aladdin pulled away and placed his arms around the guards as if they were chums.

Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat
Otherwise, we'd get along!

WRONG!!!

We all got out of there fast while being chased by the guards through a flaming floor pit which burned them. Abu got ahold of a sword from an entertainer's mouth to protect us.

"He's got a sword!" One guard yelped.

"You idiots! WE'VE ALL GOT SWORDS!!" Razoul barked. All of the guards brandished their swords and Abu fled. The guards were on our tails left and right and we tricked them; causing them to knock into each other like bowling balls and pins!

One jump, ahead of the hoofbeats (Vandal!)
One hop, ahead of the hump (Street Rat!)
One trick, ahead of disaster (Scoundrel!)
They're quick, but I'm much faster (Take that!)

We were chased into a room and we grabbed a yellow carpet to outrun the guards.

Here goes; better throw my hand in
Wish me happy landin'
All I gotta do is JUMP!!

"Hang on tight there, Mei!" My mom reminded.

"Okay!" I nodded.

The guards flew too—only into the Discount Fertillizer! My mom and I laughed out loud at the sight of them. We were out of sight now and were in for a smooth landing.