Jack of Hearts

Life....is a cruel mistress, she makes us dance and sing and...feel, every feeling possible...

From the joy of child birth, to winning a lottery, finding your one true love, and so much more...

And yet she tears it all away just as easily, through death and loss and rage and pain, she makes it all a Nightmare...

Yet it is death who receives all the blame, all of the woe of the world, all the guilt she carries from life's cruel games, and yet even she can be wicked at times.

There is a word, in old Demacian.....Revenant....to return, most likely from death.....

As the era's moved and passed, so did its meaning....going from 'They who return'....and into a monstrous creature from the belly of Tartarus itself....a beast who is neither loved by death, nor spared of life's cruelty...a being who is accepted by neither and scorned by both...

Soon they shall feel my wrath, for life shall bleed a sweet river of red...and death shall cry for those who march down its corridors of time.....soon they shall feel the pain of The Revenant....

...........................................................
Act 1
He who Returns
...........................................................

__________
_??? POV_

My life was a wild one....I did so much, saw so many places, met so many wonderful people....and yet it ends at the end of a blade....their eyes staring into mine as I said my goodbyes...I couldn't even look at them, their tears held me back....heh, few seconds more and I never would have given my life to save theirs.....but its a sacrifice I will never regret...suppose even the unkillable, the undying, the never was....suppose even they have to end eventually....

A wise man once told me....that a hero sacrifices themselves and never even gets to see if their sacrifice was worth it, if they even won in the end.....but I hope....with my last breath....that I did....for you all.....for you all gave me the strength to get this far, to become the hero I always dreamed of...to let me actually live a life worth living.....thank you.....all of you....

...

...

...

________________________________

Many years prior
________________________________

Jackson POV

It was time...a night I had planned for months on end, one I was ready for since the day I was born....well not really, more along the lines of two months ago, but the saying still stands.

My name? Well....My name is Jackson Meteus Rubrum...A Thief and Actor, known for stealing hearts and only the finest of jewelry from only the lowest of scum, those rich enough that they choke on their own fat fingers, sharing none of it with those who earn or need it more...

But I am no Robin Hood, for all shall have their hearts stolen by me.......but today is the day I leave my name in the history books as 'He who did the impossible'.........For today, I shall rob the GrandSin Casino, a little place between the border where Piltover meets Zaun, a place for the wealthy and criminal underbelly to mingle like a sweet party....a place ripe for the pickings....but I am not alone in my adventures, for every good thief has his accomplices, and for me that was my four greatest friends, brothers even.