Chapter four:

Damon found Lana in her room, sitting by her oak desk, writing in what appeared to be a diary. When she noticed Damon, she closed it and leant back on her chair.

" Oh, what is it? Don't want me to know your little secrets?" Damon smirked, as he leant against the doorframe.

" I don't have secrets," Lana replied. She stepped up from the desk and sat on the edge of the bed, " But do you?"

" Everyone has secrets," Damon said, " Some are best kept to be silent though." Damon moved away from the doorframe and sat beside Lana. " I guess that is a yes then," Lana said.  

"Earlier you said you wanted to know some stuff about me, what is it you wanted to know in particular?" Damon asked. 

" Anything," Lana replied. Damon smirked, " Curious little thing, aren't you?" His hands went to his black tie, where he quickly adjusted it.

Lana crossed her arms, " Better to be curious than boring...SO?"

Damon chuckled, " Fine then....I-"

A loud bang filled the hallways, Lanna stepped up from the bed and went to the doorway. She slowly opened it and peeked her head through the small gap, and there appeared to be nothing in the distance. She urged Damon to remain in her room as she stepped out, looking both ways before running down the hall and to some stairs.

As she made her way down them she heard her voice in the distance, however it didn't appear to be her father's or Damons.

Suddenly she felt a hand grab her arm roughly and a hand that clasped over her mouth. The figure pulled her into a corner of the wall, and held her tightly. As minutes passed and the gunshots faded away, the figure removed their hand away from her mouth and placed it on the other side of her arm, turning her around.

She came face to face with Damon. There seemed to be no fear in his eyes or shock, as he stood there silently, holding onto her.

Lana went to open her mouth to speak before Damon's finger pressed lightly against her lips. Lana then made a response where her teeth tugged at his finger and bit him hard. Her eyes pierced towards him, I can take care of myself thank you.

Lana waited a few seconds before removing herself away from Damon, she crossed her arms and leant against the wall. Damon looked back at Lana, it wasn't a piercing look or a You're welcome one, but it was a light smile. Lana's lips pulled a smile back before she quickly wiped it off, " Thankyou." She whispered, " Don't worry, next time I won't need to be protected."

Damon said nothing as he made one small step closer to Lana, his hand gently pressed against her cheek then it slid down to her chin, where he lifted Lana's face up, close towards his lips

She got lost for words, as they both stood there, staring deeply into each other's eyes. Is he gonna kiss me?

" Really?" He says, " Is that why you trembled like a leaf in my arms?" Lana rolled her eyes, resisting the urge to smile again. His stupid face, stupid smile....he's an idiot!

" Here, hold onto me," He adds, before Lana could say anything back she felt his hand grab hers. Then they both ran, not back to her room, but to somewhere else. It was a damn shame that his hand felt so warm in hers. Okay stop it. 

-------------------------------------------------------

The two arrived to a room, where they leant against the walls, catching their breath. 

" I saw you talking to my father as I left," Lana said, " What was that all about?"

" Nothing," Damon replied. Lana crossed her arms and looked up at Damon, really?