Chapter eight

Lana went to open her mouth and say something before Francesso lifted a finger in the air as he took a seat across Lana. 

A bottle of red wine sat on the table with two glasses, he went to lift the bottle and poured the  wine in the two glasses, " Please sweetheart, did you really think it would be that easy?"

" With all respect, or perhaps...none, these were not my intentions. They were my fathers."

" What is it that you're father wants...exactly?" He lifted his glass and took a sip, with his eyes piercing into Lana's. Lana looked at her glass odly before wrapping her hand around it, " Your pendent, I see it, it's around your neck."

Francesso looked down at his neck, there layed a small green pendent wrapped by a gold thread. He let out a laugh and set his glass down, " That...is something you or your father cannot have. Why, this is a family heirloom!"

Lana crossed her arms, " I do not care about the backstory, what I want really is to take that damn thing and get out of here-"

" With me dead-"

" Yes."

Francesso sighed, " You really don't remember me?"

" Vaguely,"

" I was never the party type of person. I remember in my early twenties your dad would be out partying and I'd be stuck looking after you. You were a sweet girl, quite polite. Oh how you've changed. I've heard so much about your sucess, and you're boyfriend, Damon, isn't it? Now, what is that like? What's it like to live as you? To have good money? A father and boyfriend who cares for you, oh and how brave you are!"

Lana smiled, " That is all true, I do have a good life. Although we all do get our up's and down's, nothing we can do about that." Lana stepped up from her chair and walked to his balcony where her hand ran across his cream curtain, " Such soft...fabric. You always did buy the best of the best."

" There you are love, been looking everywhere for you!" A voice said in the distance. Both Lana and Francesso turned to see Damon. He smirked at Lana as she slowly pulled on the curtain and wrapped it around Francesso's neck, " Fuck," He yelled, " Damn you two!" 

Lana grumbled, " You could have come quicker!"

" I thought he would have been already dead!"

" Well he's a talker this one."

Before the two knew it, the man was dead. Lana adjusted her dress and walked over to Damon, placing her hand on his shoulder, " That was quick, I kind of enjoyed the talk."

" Please, that man speaks nothing but lies."

" You knew him?"

" Everyone did. He owned this popular wine brand once, made quite a lot of money and gained a lot of popularity from that."

 " Ohh that's right, he did too. I only realized we only remember things if we really care about them."

Damon crossed his arms, " Right, anyways-"

" Yes, yes. I'll get that stupid pendent."

Damon walked closer to Lana and grabbed her arm, leading her out the room, " Wait- The pen-"

" He'll remain there and we will lock the door and keep a close eye. People probably have noticed that we have left, we should probably get back on the dancefloor."

The two set out and joined hands, their bodies pressed firmly together as the music began to play. A young man with blonde hair walked over as he whispered, " And where were you to? We got worried something happened-"

Lana grabbed Damon's tye as she pierced her eyes into his, " We...were busy." A smirk grew on her lips as Damon rolled his eyes. The man backed away as more people began to make their way to the dance floor. A slow song played in the background and both Lana and Damon slowed their movements. 

" Kiss me," Lana whispered. 

Damon's eyes grew wide, " What?"

" These couples...most of them are kissing. If we want to play our part well-"

" No,"

" What...why? Damon-people will get suspicious that we are not a couple then they will think something is up."

Or maybe it was an excuse so she could just kiss him. Just to kiss those damn lips of his. 

Damon grumbled as Lana moved her head closer to his and stood on her toes, " Please, just this once. I promise." Damon muttered a small fine as their lips met. They weren't so soft as they were before, his lips felt more tender and tight, perhaps he felt pressured, no, that couldn't be it. 

Afterwards Lana questioned whether or not she should've asked why Damon didn't want to kiss her. Did he really feel nothing?

As an hour passed Lana went back to the man's room before grabbing the pendent and stepping out the building with Damon. The two made their way to a taxi where they sat in the back silently. 

Am I really not mourning over Adam? 

-----------------

If Lana didn't want to talk to her therapist, then she'd talk to her maid Lilly. Sure the lady was strange, had messyorange hair all the time and was a bit...annoying, however she was still very helpful. She found the maid in the meeting room, with no men in sight, Lana made her way over.

She vented with her feelings and thoughts about Damon, and the whole fake dating story. 

" Oh honey," Lilly began, " You're in love."

" What-no! Why would I be? I love Adam."

Loved.

Lilly shurgged, " I can just see it. Maybe you're feeling grateful or there's a sense of security as Damon did save you."

" That's not the point though, the point is I am barely showing an emotions towards Adam's death."

" Well it all happened really quickly and maybe you're relieved that you didn't die from Adam. You know, it's like Damon swept in like a knight in shining armour and saved you. That was quite romantic."

" I was dying....there is nothing romantic about that! Lilly, there is something wrong about me! I thought Damon was attractive when I first saw him."

Lilly grabbed her last biscuit from the plate and took a small glance at it, " I think you two would be really good together. You're both hot."

Lana smirked and leaned closer to Lilly, " Really? I feel quite pleased."

Lilly rolled her eyes, " And here I am." She brushed her hands together as she sat up from her chair, " I should really get back to work, oh and Lana....feelings aren't fake."